The Authority is seeking a highly motivated Painter.
The Painter applies industrial coatings on interior and exterior facilities, structures and equipment, water tanks, pipes, and valves.
- Determines necessary coating for surface.
- Mixes coating as needed.
- Prepares surface for coating and applies coating as needed using spraying equipment, air compressors, etc.
- Finishes and sands surface before painting, as needed.
- Cleans tools and work site.
- Installs replacement glass and flexi glass.
- Fabricates signs using various materials.
- Operates light and heavy power tools.
- Operates Authority vehicles as an essential function of the position. Maintains vehicles and/or equipment in a clean and orderly manner. Reports any operating deficiencies to the appropriate Authority personnel.
- Complies with applicable safety rules and regulations.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned at the discretion of the supervisor.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate and three (3) years of experience related to applying paint, varnish, shellac, etc. on wood, metal, glass and other surfaces.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Motor Vehicle Operating License and a DC Water Vehicle Endorsement.
1. Ability to operate light and heavy power tools.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, calculate measurements using tapes, rules, and carpenter’s square, and calculate materials necessary to complete painting projects.
3. Ability to mix all types of paints in p roper proportions, matching colors, shades, and textures.
4. In the event that an offer is extended, the candidate will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment physical examination and drug screening.
5. The incumbent is subject to being placed on call during hours and schedule identified by the Authority.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
DC Water - 2 years ago
DC Water distributes drinking water and collects and treats wastewater for more than 600,000 residential, commercial and governmental...