Directs, develops, and administers all policies, procedures, and material operations for the total supply chain to support Gulfstream Aerospace Final Phase and Service operations. Responsibilities include procurement, material planning, part sales, parts manufacturing authority process, inventory control, logistics, import/export compliance, and materials management of all goods and services to support site goals and objectives. Strives to integrate the supply chain business objectives with Sales, Operations, Engineering, and Finance to achieve optimum ROI and cash flow for the sites Final Phase and Service business. Develop the annual Supply Chain strategic operating plan and goals, ensuring linkage to executive operating priorities. Communicates the strategic plans of the organization, defines the objectives, measure progress and monitors performance status.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Develop Supply Chain and Inventory Management Strategies to support Gulfstream Final Phase and Services Corporate business objectives.
2) Manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of all supply chain policies and procedures necessary to achieve an effective supply chain organization. Ensure all local policies and procedures conform to both corporate and regulatory guidelines.
3) Represent Gulfstream, as required, on the General Dynamics Supply Chain Management Council.
4) Communicate material cost objectives to the pricing organization and ensure sales quotes are consistent with purchasing forecasts.
5) Ensure material requirements both planned and unplanned are met while insuring financial goals are achieved.
6) Aggressively develop supplier relationships and strategies that clearly align the site and corporate goals of Gulfstream and optimize supplier performance.
7) Effectively integrate the Material Organization to support Final Phase and Service Operations, Engineering, Sales, and Finance with effective workflow processes, adequate inventory, manpower, and professionalism.
1) A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
2) The Director has the authority to make decisions that impact asset investment, cash flow, COGS, and G&A expenses.
3) The Director level is the lead operating manager for the Final Phase, Service, and MRO business in the area of site and corporate purchasing agreements, site inventories, material planning, and material control.
4) Must work integrated supply chain problems with material professionals from both corporate and off-site locations.
5) The Director is expected to establish future objectives and manage a strategic plan 13 years in duration, which supports the long-range business objectives of the corporation.
6) Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, strong analytical, decision making, team building, listening, organizational and negotiation skills.
7) Must thrive in a highly change oriented, fast paced, problem solving environment.
Unique Skills Required:
Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, strong analytical, decision making, team building, listening, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Masters degree with APICS or NAPM certification preferred.
- An understanding of TQM, MPS, MRP, Lean Manufacturing, TOC, Six-Sigma, and JIT strategies is required.A minimum of fifteen years experience in progressively responsible supply chain management positions with at least ten years in a management role.
- Experience in aircraft post-production support preferred.
Gulfstream Aerospace - 3 years ago
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE:GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets,...