In this role, the candidate will be responsible for assessing and developing procedures and strategies to ensure network and system reliability, and defend against unauthorized access. The responsibilities will include vulnerability assessment, implementation of corrective actions to enhance the monitoring and integrity of internal systems, as well as developing processes to enhance the ability to respond to events in real time. This individual should be a fast problem solver and should feel comfortable with integrating multiple solutions, including scripting, to respond to security threats and vulnerabilities quickly.
Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or four years equivalent professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
5+ years experience as a security focused Network Engineer or System Administrator in an enterprise IT environment.
Expert knowledge of Linux (preferably using SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or OpenSUSE), including using standard UNIX utilities, ACLs, applications, and scripts.
Strong experience with Windows technologies, including Active Directory and group policy administration, PowerShell scripting for automation, and anti-virus endpoint solutions.
Strong experience with security tools, such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, encryption, and vulnerability scanners.
Experience with UNIX Scripting (shell scripts, Perl, Ruby) for automation and analysis.
Strong written communication skills.
Demonstrated experience and knowledge implementing and administrating common network services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, NFS, NTP, SFTP, SSH, SMTP, etc..
Demonstrated experience and knowledge with network devices (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers, wireless devices).
Demonstrated experience and knowledge of enterprise-level networking, including IP subnetting, switching and routing protocols, OpenVPN, and SNMP.
Ability to work in a team environment and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Must be available to support a 24x7 production environment
Helpful / Preferred
Security Certifications are desirable.
Functions and Responsibilities (in addition to other duties as assigned)
1. Serve as a point of escalation for all IT security related issues.
2. Assists with implementing, maintaining, and improving IT security controls, including endpoint protection, DLP, IDS/IPS solutions, encryption, and certificate management.
3. Manage OS and Security related patches on Linux and Windows enterprise servers, as well as system upgrades and software releases.
4. Conduct internal and external security related audits and provide solutions to remediate risks or non-compliance with security standards.
5. Design and develop automated solutions to mitigate security threats, improve logging and auditing of operating system events, and assist with the implementation of security policies globally to defend against unauthorized access.
6. Oversee the configuration and management of enterprise security management tools, such as anti-virus management solutions, intrusion detection systems, and other security management appliances.
7. Enhance the build process and design of Linux and Windows enterprise servers (hardware and virtual), to include the implementation of security enhancements and auditing processes.
8. Troubleshoot, analyze, and improve network and system services managed by the IT department.
9. Proactively develops skills in new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements.
10. Responsible for a variety of enterprise system/network management duties as assigned.
11. Completes tasks in prescribed times with deliverables.
12. Participate in on-call, 24/7 support rotation.
13. Contributes to a non-hostile, pleasant working environment.
Appriss - 24 months ago