Summary of responsibilities:
Successful candidates will have:
- Prepares interior design specifications for Nordstrom; inputs information into the computer.
- Inputs spec information given by designers and maintain consistency.
- Generates Request for Quotations (RFQ’s); calls vendors to verify spec accuracy, pricing, lead time, and any additional information. Enters the information into the computer.
- Provides quality control by proofing the spec against the RFQ’s and designers’ rough drafts.
- Exports purchase order schedule via computer transmissions to Nordstrom.
- Prepares and distributes binders for purchase order schedule. Prepares and distributes swatches to buyer.
- Processes change orders.
- Creates sample books, swatch P.O.s, and maintains Nordstrom interiors standard materials.
- Becomes actively involved with industry standards, vendor performance issues, and product information updates.
- Provides support to interiors for research and sourcing information.
- Attends various product presentations.
- Visits manufacturers and vendors to further develop knowledge of items specified on project, as appropriate.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org . To view a complete job description, visit us at www.callison.com .
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years purchasing experience; prior exposure in Interior Design or Architecture highly desired.
- Minimum one year experience reading plan drawings and elevations; issuing purchase orders and order acknowledgement; payment of invoices; and reconciling projects.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office Suite PC knowledge and a data base format required.
- Ability to type 65 wpm.
- Must possess good phone skills and excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing and possess strong customer service skills.
- Must be a quick learner, and possess the ability to organize and process large amounts of information at one time.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, adjusts to flexible workload, prioritize according to deadlines, and interact well with the designers.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
We are an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer who values workplace diversity.
Please contact email@example.com for more information or to submit a resume.
If you do not have a resume, please right click and choose "Save Target As" on the following link to download an employment application for this position. Once downloaded, submit it as an email attachment to the before mentioned contact.