A WPX Safety Intern will apply basic principles and concepts to include but not limited to:
· Provide assistance on varied safety projects associated with drilling, completions and production.
· Exposure to Safety, Health and Environmental projects
· Lead monthly safety meetings and safety tailgate meetings
· Update Emergency Response Plans
· Monitor safety policies and operations including safety training and programs, OSHA compliance
· Projects will produce recommendations on findings related to injury reduction, compliance and improvements
· Gas monitor program evaluations
· Support with industrial hygiene sampling
Qualified candidates should have the following:
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
· Team player with good time-management skills
· Ability to quickly learn software programs such as databases and Microsoft Office products. (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
· Working towards a Bachelors degree in Fire Protection and Safety Technology, Environmental Health or a Safety related degree
· Have one to two summers left before graduation
· 3.0 GPA preferred
· Must be eligible to work permanently in the United States upon graduation.
Must possess valid driver’s license
WPX Energy - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
WPX Energy is an exploration and production company focused on developing its significant natural gas, natural gas liquids and oil reserves,...