Provide technical onsite assistance to users at the Agencies under the direction of the Director of Information Technology including, but not limited to coordinating helpdesk calls and administrative assistance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide personal computing support to users and respond to trouble tickets in AHIS service desk system.
2. Install or setup computers and software; perform problem resolution and maintain defined IT standards.
3. Frequent interaction with the end users using a high degree of patience and problem management techniques to solve problems.
4. Follow through on resolution with end users.
5. Research, resolve and respond to questions received via telephone calls, tracking system and callbacks in a timely manner, in accordance with standards.
6. Escalate problems to appropriate individual based on established guidelines and procedures.
7. Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
8. Test and ensure applications are correctly installed and configured on the computer.
9. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure productivity.
10. Review and analysis of situations by reviewing a variety of factors.
11. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
12. Escalates more complex problems when required.
13. Proficient with reporting software, such as Crystal software, and ability to create/customize reports to meet customers’ needs.
14. Administration duties and other duties as assigned.
15. Act with integrity and aspire to model the core values of the St. Vincent de Paul Center’s mission statement in the delivery of all services.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator or have equivalent general knowledge of all Microsoft Operating systems. Experience configuring and testing desktop systems, with limited supervision.
Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills. Team player with a desire to provide a high level of customer service. Able to work independently with minimal supervision. Positive attitude. Thorough understanding of desktop hardware support and trouble ticket resolution. Basic knowledge of project management is a plus. Experience configuring and testing desktop systems, with limited supervision.
Ability to read and speak English proficiently. Bilingual is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Required to drive to other locations to access end-users on-site.
2. May be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. of computer equipment.
3. Required to sit for extended periods of time; stand, walk, carry and bend.
4. Close visual acuity (with correction, if needed) sufficient to work with and repair computers.
5. Manual dexterity to use computer, mouse, telephone and other standard office equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Typical internal office space; computer lab.
2. Class rooms and conference rooms.
3. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.