Roche Applied Science is one of the world's leading producers of reagents and systems for life science research. Our portfolio provides solutions that enable life science researchers to achieve breakthroughs in molecular biology by providing efficient and innovative technologies they can trust. With more than 2,600 products, Roche Applied Science offers complete workflows covering all working steps – from sample preparation to analysis – in a specific field of research. Research areas include: Disease Research, DNA Sequencing, Genotyping, Gene Expression, Gene Detection, Gene Knockdown, Transfection, Protein Expression, Protein Analysis, and Cell Analysis.
At Roche Diagnostics, our focus is on improving the lives of patients. From research to lab tests to personalized healthcare, we touch the entire spectrum of diagnostic users. Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
As a Genomic Instrument Specialist you will be responsible for managing the specified sales territory to present and sell Roche Applied Science Genomic instruments to maintain and grow the business. You will focus on managing and growing accounts including industrial, research facilities, and universities engaged in research which depends on genomic methods and applications. To be successful in this role, you will:
Territory : Includes states of Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming an Arkansas.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing customers to meet and exceed sales objectives in targeted accounts.
- Identify and develop strategic account plans to deliver the differentiating message and quantifiable economic value for products and services.
- Develop new sales opportunities within the territory and assigned accounts to meet and exceed sales goals. Specific focus on assigned set of high revenue accounts.
- Generate demand and maximize product awareness by working with and providing education and information to customers.
- Provide direct information to internal teams on customer needs to market and design account specific account promotion, seminars and exhibitions to support strategic goals on a tactical basis.
- Work closely with Account Manager, Consumable Sales, and Field Application Specialist counterparts to drive incremental business.
- Use your strong negotiation skills to present all contract proposals to customers to maximize overall business and profitability.
- Network and interface with internal colleagues to share information and best practices while remaining actively involved in industry/customer organizations that impact business.
Candidates should be located ideally in Denver, Dallas, Houston or Salt Lake City.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies.
Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Life Science, Business, or related field.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of sales experience selling capital equipment in the diagnostics/life sciences industry or highly technical product portfolio sales experience within a 500 fortune company.
- Have demonstrated excellent negotiation, strategic planning, and organizational skills.
- Have demonstrated the ability undercover needs in highly technical situations and provide customers with business solution.
- Have the ability of leveraging internal resources and work effectively with counterparts for customer retention, expansion of existing accounts, and develop new business.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong business acumen, and a desire to conquer complex sales processes.
- Are willing to travel 50% overnight.
- Are someone who is looking for a professional career and to expand your horizons within the organization.
- Are ready to make your mark and improve lives.
- 3 years of experience/hands on in laboratory or research environment.
- Experience selling instruments/reagents utilized for research which involves genomics applications and methods.
- Are familiar with Quantitative PCR, molecular biology or genomic techniques.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button below.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Roche - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Roche is on a medicinal roll. The company operates two segments, pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, and sells its products in some 180...