FULCRUM IT JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Network Administrator (Tech Specialist)
FLSA Status: Full-time, Salary, Exempt
Clearance: Secret with SSBI in order to be granted access to building. Interim SSBI is acceptable, but must have before being allowed to work; TS is preferred
Location: Norfolk, VA
Manager: Program Manager
Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for executing the enterprise system strategy as it applies to the installation, maintenance, and management of the NLSC AISC LAN working within established procedures and/or protocols.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage Microsoft Windows 2008 Active Directory Domain and Exchange email network.
2. Manage Enterprise Backups.
3. Ensures system security is maintained and strengthened through implementation of current DOD policies.
4. Apply the TCP/IP protocols including multicast, UDP and TCP.
5. Implement a Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).
6. Apply and configure firewalls and switches to system architectures to define and protect enclaves.
7. Analyze Windows Events and Linux syslogs, boot logs and dmesg logs
8. Recommend network modifications to systems to mitigate known vulnerabilities.
9. Operate and administrate computer systems running HP-UX, Unix, Solaris, Linux and Microsoft
10. Understand how to implement NSA approved encryption technologies, Virtual Private Networks
(VPNs) and resolve Cross Domain issues.
11. Apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
12. Apply virtual hosting and server technology in system architectures
13. Understand and apply the concept of deceptive technology such as honeypots in system
14. Participate in Design Reviews.
15. Author recommendations for improving network and code design.
16. Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
• Education: HS Diploma; Bachelor's degree preferred
• Experience: 3-5 years of related experience
• Computers: Microsoft Windows 2008 Active Directory Domain and Exchange, HP-UX, Unix, Solaris, Linux
• Certificates: Security + and Microsoft Certification are required
• Clearance: Secret with SSBI in order to be granted access to building. Interim SSBI is acceptable, but must have before being allowed to work.
• US Passport: Not required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Excellent Written Communication skills.
Desired or Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• TS is preferred; Bachelor's degree preferred
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
If visits to areas of operations overseas are required with this position, you may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Fulcrum IT Services is an information technology (IT) company based in Centreville, Virginia, that provides IT solutions and services for federal, state, local, and commercial customers. Fulcrum IT specializes in the areas of Technology Services, Cyber Security, Intelligence, Analysis & Operations, Missions Systems, Health Care and Human Capital.
Fulcrum IT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V
Fulcrum IT provides thorough analysis and comprehensive reports on help desks and call centers. We can help you develop a service...