Lan Support Specialist C (Job Number: 009875) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for providing immediate and effective first level support in resolution of system problems and inquiries that arise from and are a result of the Local Area Network (LAN) and occur during the course of system utilization and/or through administrative activities. Supports both end users and multiple call center sites.
Responsibilities also include:
- Investigates the origin and type of problem in support of end users at multiple call center sites.
- Troubleshoots, resolves or escalates IT trouble tickets.
- Provides technical support and maintenance of telephony and application service environments.
- Assembles and installs (“rack and stack”) server/network hardware, workstations and printers.
- Assists in testing and release of applications and Operating System (OS) patches and upgrades.
- Assists in maintaining local equipment inventories, including workstations, monitors, laptops, headsets, phones, and phone adapters.
- Assists with scheduled warranty repairs and returns for defective equipment.
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience in IT end user support.
- At least 1 year of experience with hardware installation and configuration and basic IT troubleshooting.
- At least 1 year of experience in technical support, troubleshooting and escalation of applications issues and/or system generated trouble alerts.
- At least 1 year of experience in LAN/WAN support, i.e., TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol), DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), cabling.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...