SecondMarket, the leading marketplace for alternative assets, is seeking an Office Manager for their headquarters location.
- Day to day management of the office
- Act as a liaison with property management and various vendors (i.e. hotels, caterers, office supplies, business cards, car services, coffee/water suppliers, construction/maintenance etc.)
- Negotiate vendor contracts as they come up for renewal
- Coordinate travel arrangements with the assistance of our travel agency
- Maintain the office budget
- Work with HR to manage office layout with regard to new hire placement and departmental moves
- Order and maintain office supplies, food and beverages
- Reception duties – greet guests, answer phones, book conference rooms
- Keep all kitchens properly stocked with beverages and snacks
- Assist with internal events and special projects (i.e. holiday décor, corporate gifting, team-building activities)
- Process outgoing mail and packages
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an Office Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Self-motivated team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must be able to interact with employees of all levels
- Solid background in facilities and budget management
- Strong desire to get involved and find ways to make our office processes more efficient
- Must be able to adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- Must be physically capable to unpack, move, and stock office supply deliveries
- Prior experience managing corporate relocations and renovations a plus
- Prior experience working in a start-up environment a plus
SecondMarket is the leading marketplace for alternative investments. It has become the online destination for building your investor network, discovering interesting investment opportunities, and transacting in assets such as private venture-backed companies and private community banks, fixed income products, public equity and bankruptcy claims. SecondMarket simplifies secondary market activity by connecting buyers and sellers and providing world-class market and operations expertise.
Since 2004, SecondMarket has brought together more than 100,000 individuals and institutions and completed billions of dollars in alternative investment transactions. SecondMarket is backed by premier long-term investors, including: FirstMark Capital, The Social+Capital Partnership, Li Ka-shing Foundation, Temasek Holdings, New Enterprise Associates (NEA) and Silicon Valley Bank. SecondMarket is a registered broker-dealer and member of FINRA, MSRB and SIPC and a registered alternative trading system (ATS) for private company stock. For more information, please visit www.SecondMarket.com.
Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
SecondMarket - 12 months ago
Read Alchemy Magazine, devoted to investing in the next generation of alternative assets