Plan, develop and administer risk management policies, procedures and systems including; Incident report monitoring, tracking and trending, claims management, workers compensation, loss control, commercial insurance, professional/general liability, property, vehicle, D&O, employment practices, E&O and any other insurance. Direct risk management functions and represents the company in risk matters.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- · Identify real and potential risks of exposure organizational wide through review of legal complaints, suits, threats of suits, incidents, grievances, complaints, policies and procedures, contracts, agreements, facility inspections and staff communications.
- · Develop, implement and maintain incident reporting system including trending and data analysis.
- · Communicate information gathered and tracked by Risk Management department to the organization as needed.
- · Develop, communicate and assure compliance of company policies and procedures related to risk issues and loss prevention.
- · Work with insurance companies, adjusters, brokers, lawyers and internal staff with regard to lawsuits and/or legal proceedings.
- · Design and implement loss control techniques and training.
- · Oversees company orientation programs related to risk management.
- · Is pro-active in enhancing risk related programs.
- · Oversees workers compensation process and claims issues.
- · Actively promotes risk and safety awareness.
- · Designs and conducts surveys related to claims and safety issues.
- · Conducts annual insurance analysis.
- · Performs research as basis for recommending revision to policies and procedures.
- · Revises risk policies and procedures utilizing staff/management input.
- · Advise supervisors regarding specific risk management problems.
- · Investigates causes of disputes/grievances and recommends corrective action and timely resolution.
- · Maintains OSHA required loss reports and postings.
- · Manage the Industrial Commission of Arizona hearing cases and issue all legal documentation as required by state laws and regulations.
Knowledge and Ability Requirements
- · Minimum requirements consist of a Bachelors Degree in Business/Healthcare Administration is required.
- · Nine years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- · ARM Certification is preferred.
- · Knowledge of risk management systems, policies and procedures is required.
- · This position requires demonstrated supervisory, organizational, communication and management skills.
- · Must have a strong understanding of and the ability to monitor and maintain loss control, commercial, professional and general liability, property, vehicle, D&O and E&O, employment practices
- · Must be proficient in Microsoft programs and database administration
- · Ability to work with external contacts & outside professionals ranging from insurance adjusters and brokers to maintenance contractors and outside resources such as fire department and police representatives.
Requires knowledge of and experience with administrative operations, processes and procedures, involving: (1) Superior organizational skills with the ability to work independently and under pressure; (2) Excellent problem solving skills; (3) Excellent customer services skills; (4) Proficient knowledge of Southwest Network polices, workers compensation, OSHA, HIPAA, and other polices/laws related to risk for the company.
Physical Working Conditions and Office Setting Description
Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, stooping, or stretching. Some lifting may be required. Frequent and prolonged typing and frequent and prolonged operation of computer, keyboard, and telephones required. Also requires occasional use of fax machines, telephones, copiers, security systems, and other office equipment. Work is performed in the community as well as an office setting. Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
Driving and Other Requirements
Must have and maintain a valid Arizona driver license, have a registered and reliable vehicle that meets Arizona state law standards, and meets the insurance standards of Southwest Network. Position may require travel between Southwest Network sites as well as the community.