Prepare journal entries, assist in financial reporting and prepare various account reconciliations and analyses.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
*(DENOTES ESSENTIAL FUNCTION)
*1. Perform technical and administrative accounting work necessary in maintaining the fiscal records and systems of the College in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and applicable federal and state governmental accounting standards.
*2. Prepare a variety of accounting reports and ensure timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual standard reports including completion of regular and special request accounting projects; coordinate this activity with the Assistant Controller.
*3. Develop and document accounting policies and procedures.
4. Reconcile bank accounts to general ledger.
*5. Assist in the preparation of the annual Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
*6. Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
7. Analyze and prepare department write up of actual versus budget results for expense and revenue variances.
8. Reconcile credit card transactions from merchant bank statement to general ledger.
9. Analyze records of revenues, expenditures and encumbrances; recommend necessary changes.
10. Prepare various journal entries.
11. Assist in preparation of department budgets and budget book.
12. Other related duties as assigned.
Received by Employee:
Assistant Financial Controller
Exercised by Employee:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
Zero (0) to two (2) years' experience. Excellent written and spoken English proficiency.
EQUIPMENT AND/OR MACHINES USED:
PC, calculator, printer, copier, telephone and fax. Experience with MSOffice including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
General office environment.