Vice President of Business Development
Reporting directly to the President, the incumbent in this role will have global responsibility to grow the defense and aerospace business segment. As Vice President of Business Development, this person will be responsible for leading the business development efforts to increase SCI’s presence in the Defense and Aerospace sector with emphasis on the following:
• Proprietary products developed by SCI Technology
• Products developed for our customers
• Integrated Manufacturing Solutions for worldwide defense and aerospace customers
• Vertical integration (VI) products complementary to these products and services
The person selected for this role will serve as a key member of the company’s senior management team. Given the critical importance and scope of responsibility, SCI is seeking a proven leader who can provide strong leadership to the business development function. We are searching for a dynamic individual, with excellent business acumen, who understands what it takes to develop defense and aerospace business. In addition to short and medium term business goals, this executive will assist the President of the division to chart a strategic path for SCI Technology, Inc.
The individual chosen for this role will work to:
• Identify and execute new and continuing business opportunities by analyzing the customer’s business, mission, strategy, and operations in order to recommend SCI Technology’s products or services that meet identified needs
• Develop and maintain business relationships with customers and cultivate executive relationships that establish SCI’s consultative approach and promote its total solution capabilities at the highest levels of customers’ and potential customer’s organizations
• Identify, pursue and manage multiple business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy
• Develop strategic partnerships
• Manage the budget required to support business development efforts
• Lead the division’s advertising efforts
• Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and possess, or have the ability to acquire, a top secret security clearance from the U.S. Department of Defense.
• The ideal candidate will have a “hands on” military background, at the command (05 or higher) level, as well as a minimum of 10 years of proven business development experience in the defense and aerospace electronics business segment, having developed business with the U.S. Department of Defense and with major worldwide defense and aerospace prime contractors
• Strong business skills developed through a combination of education and experience
• Should be able to demonstrate an extensive relationship base and be comfortable interacting with senior leadership from industry, the military and the US Government
• Working level knowledge of the U.S. defense budgeting cycle and process required. The ability to interpret trends in defense spending and to make corresponding strategy changes in a timely manner is expected.
• Strong negotiation skills are required for interaction with both customers and internal stake holders
• She/he should have the ability to be persuasive, while at the same time providing a win/win flavor to all dealings
• An international business base would be beneficial
• Availability for travel, both domestically and internationally
- 2 years ago - save job