Columbia Hospitality is a premier hospitality management company focused on the personal success and growth of its team members. Columbia Hospitality manages a variety of upscale, award-winning hospitality venues.
Columbia Hospitality is currently looking for a Corporate Chef to lead the culinary functions of the company, including 10 outlets. Position is based in Seattle, WA with travel required approximately 25% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
1) Oversees the planning, designing, implementation and controls of product and services of the culinary function in order to improve and maintain a profitable food operation.
2) Establishes and maintains standards for food quality, presentation, handling, sanitation and safety in alignment with property standards and applicable regulations.
3) Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that all food products and work practices meet or exceed the established standards.
4) Directs and corrects the presentations and portioning of food according to established standards.
5) Develops and implements creative menus and menu items that reflect the property's standards of quality, consistency, aesthetics and taste.
6) Oversees the selection, supervision, training, and development of culinary staff. Demonstrates positive leadership characteristics that empower and inspire employees to meet and exceed standards.
7) Provides timely formal assessment of individual team members in alignment with the performance review policy and procedures.
8) Directs, coaches and corrects staff in safety, sanitation and food handling.
9) Directs inventory of supplies. Directs food purchasing to ensure proper quality and quantities.Works with vendors to negotiate contracts.
10) Works in partnership with other departments to oversee menu structures and pricing.
11) Participates in the preparation of the annual operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of each of the properties.
12) Helps to establish and maintain budgeted food and labor costs
13) Interfaces with media outlets as required for each property and develop Marketing plan for each property
14) Develop kitchen manuals, inventory systems, and food safety program for all operations
15) Develop productivity tracking system Training and development program to identify talent and fast track future managers
16) Develop CHI Orientation system
17) Responsible for new property openings and training
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1) A culinary arts degree and/or equivalent training with ten or more years of industry and culinary management experience. Multi-outlet experience required.
2) Hotel and/or Conference Center experience in a luxury environment strongly preferred.
3) Working knowledge of culinary trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, and presentation.
4) Working knowledge of financial, budgetary, and food cost control practices.
5) Food handling and other permits, licenses or certifications as required.
6) Strong communication skills, including the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and operations manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
7) Strong general management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results.
8) Financial management skills, including budget management, expense control and analysis of Profit and Loss statements.
9) Strong people management skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, scheduling and relationship-building.
DOE + full benefits. This is a Full-Time Exempt (salaried) position.
StarChefs.com - 2 years ago