High school or equivalent with CPR - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification, Current JCAHPO - Certified, and Ophthalmic Assistant(COA) Certification
Continuing medical education to maintain current JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) certification or achieve a higher level of certification
Under the direct supervision of the ophthalmic technical supervisor and through collaborative teamwork, provides assistance in the diagnosis and care of ophthalmic patients.
The salary range for this position is from $30,538 to $45,806 annually, commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Demonstrates competence, caring and compassion when performing technical and supportive patient care skills, incorporating the patient¿s plan of care and following approved policy and procedure.
- Accurately documents and communicates interventions and measurements.
- Initiates patient work-ups in the ophthalmology clinics in a timely manner.
- Performs A Scan ultrasound Biometry.
- Performs computer entry and analysis of intraocular lens calculations and distributes results according to policy.
- Performs keratometry, photokeratometry and corneal topography.
- Will assist with minor OR and laser procedures. This includes instrument set-up, a working knowledge of sterile technique, instrument cleaning and sterilization.
- Have knowledge of procedures in clinic that would require labs, specimen collection, lab pick-up preparation and schedule.
- Exercise proficiency in minor equipment maintenance.
- Log and organize equipment repairs for contracted maintenance.
- Performs visometry and BAT (Brightness Acuity Test).
- Assists in the maintenance of equipment, supplies and the environment.
- Respects and supports patient rights.
- Participates in and supports continuous quality improvement activities and the clinic/departmental level.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the supervisor or practice manager.
Must have verified work history of working well in team environment, with focus on customer service skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch - 3 years ago