Molecular Breeding Technology is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the cross functional Genome Data Analysis platform. The Local Tool Lead will manage a team of application developers focused on supporting several lab functions in our Genotyping Laboratories, Innovation and Trait Genomics teams. The lead will interact collaboratively with other groups in Biotech, Technology Pipeline Services, Global Infrastructure and Breeding to deliver highly impactful local applications. They will play a strategic role in the development of our local data & development strategy and align our effort with Monsanto’s global IT & data strategies. This individual also be involved in the optimization, development and implementation of new and existing technologies for high throughput SNP genotyping across multiple crops including corn, soy, cotton, wheat, canola, sorghum and vegetables.
• Develop requirements and project plans for local application with business stakeholders.
• Coordinate and schedule developer needs across multiple projects and deliverables.
• Align application development opportunities/needs with overall IT & business strategy.
• Ensure objectives & deliverables are achieved in a timely manner.
• Provide written and oral presentations results, conclusions, and recommendations to peer and management groups.
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Mathematics, Statistics, Genetics, Plant Science or related Field
• Minimum of 2 years experience building local applications for a commercial company. Generating and maintaining software specification documents to enable development teams to create the software.
• Proven ability to manage data relationships, solve complex problems, and leverage data to drive creation of local application for LIMS/Data Analysis.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to summarize complex concepts in language understandable by scientists from a variety of disciplines
• Strong familiarity with Agile or Scrum development techniques
• Understanding of genotyping, plant breeding or applied genetics
• Understanding with sequence technologies and genomic data is a plus
• Experience working with large databases (SQL) or distributed computing environments
• Experience with data integration, automation and visualization software
Monsanto - 22 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...