DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A JPS POSITION, IT IS THROUGH THE CONTRACTOR MAXOR. PLEASE CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO APPLY:
JOB DESCRIPTION: PHARMACY MANAGER (PIC)
REPORTS TO: Executive VP of Operations; May also receive additional supervision from the CEO or Chairman
SUPERVISES: Staff Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Education: Graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy. PharmD is preferred. Licensed to practice pharmacy in the state of employment.
Experience: Three years pharmacy experience. One-year managerial experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of best practices in field.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of pharmaceuticals, their indications, interactions, and potential side effects.
3. Skill in the development of drug therapies.
4. Knowledge of relevant accreditation and certification requirements.
5. Ability to establish goals, structures, and processes necessary to implement a mission and strategic vision.
6. Leadership, coaching, and teambuilding skills, to strengthen and cultivate relationships.
7. Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
8. Ability to network and interact, as well as support effective partnerships with key groups and individuals.
9. Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as conduct research and gather information.
10. Consultation and change management skills.
11. Verbal/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
WORK SCHEDULE: Varies by pharmacy. May be required to work rotating shifts, including holidays, weekends, nights, and on-call.
Directs and coordinates all pharmacy activities, including clinical services, performance improvement, dispensing, and the purchasing, receipt and storage of pharmaceuticals. Collaborates with upper level management in order to ensure the deliverance of high quality pharmacy services and safe, effective, and appropriate medication treatment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to
be performed by the employee occupying this position):
1. Assist the Executive VP of Operations to ensure the pharmacy provides optimal service, meets legal and accreditation/certification requirements, and complies with all policies and standards of Maxor National Pharmacy Services Corporation.
2. Maintain daily operation of pharmacy department by supervising pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in the routine performance of their duties.
3. Ensure the pharmacy is adequately staffed during all hours of operation.
4. Schedule pharmacy staff for routine, weekend, holiday, and on-call hours.
5. Provide appropriate technical and customer service training for pharmacy staff.
6. Review and update established drug-therapy guidelines and other policies and procedures, in conjunction with the Executive VP of Operations, for use by physicians, nurses, and pharmacists.
7. Provide drug information to meet the needs of physicians and nurses through direct contact or in-service programs.
8. Prepare various reports and maintain records or supervise the maintenance of records as required or requested by the Executive VP of Operations.
9. Maintain current knowledge of drug therapies and drug reactions and interactions by reading professional literature, attending seminars and utilizing professional affiliations.
10. Maintain patient medication records.
11. Monitor drug therapy for contraindications, interactions, allergies, and appropriateness.
12. Provide patient information and counseling.
13. Interpret and fill drug orders.
14. Compound, prepare I.V. admixtures (if applicable), and dispense prescriptions.
15. Participate in inventory control programs such as ordering, inventorying, and monitoring as required by the Executive VP of Operations.
16. Work Inventory Reports to maintain inventory and turns.
17. Participate in activities resolving unsafe and unsanitary practices.
18. Attend and participate in other programs, committees, meetings, and functions required by the pharmacy department.
19. Contact and confer with physicians regarding questions or irregularities on prescriptions.
20. Maintain inventory and records of controlled drugs and other drugs as required by law.
21. Ensure the delivery of positive customer service and follow up on customer complaints.
22. Work cooperatively with other staff members to enhance the team concept.
23. Participate in the development and implementation of the Performance Improvement Program.
24. Maintain regular performance in accordance with established policies.
25. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
(With or without the aid of mechanical devices)
1. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
2. Requires standing for long periods.
3. Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
4. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
5. Must possess the sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately, so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
6. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with other staff.
7. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
8. Must be able to operate office, business, and accounting machines.
1. Sitting, stooping, reaching, standing, bending, lifting, and moving intermittently during working hours.
2. Works in well lighted/ventilated office areas.
3. Subject to frequent interruptions.
4. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
5. Attend and participate in continuing educational programs.
6. Communicates with both external and internal customers.
7. May require lifting of heavy boxes.
8. Requires frequent use of computer.
Once in the application, where it states “position applying for” you will want to note PIC/JPS. After completing the application you will want to save to your computer. Upon completion you will go back online to https://maxsource.maxor.com/apply/ (instructions stated on application) and upload the application you saved. When you submit you will get an immediate notice stating upload complete, you will not get any other notification.
JPS Health Network - 3 years ago