Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Personnel & Social Services
The Defense Personnel Services Business Unit has approximately 2000 employees and operates at hundreds of locations across the United States and overseas in Korea, Japan, Italy, and Germany. We provide personnel services to military personnel, military families, and civilians working for the military. Our capabilities address a wide range of managed services, as well as the complete military lifecycle which includes recruitment, to active duty through retirement.
We have an immediate need for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Marriage Family Therapist to serve as a temporary part time Psychological Health Outreach Coordinator for the Navy Reserve (USNR) Psychological Health Outreach Program (PHOP) Team-Southwest Region. The Psychological Health Outreach Coordinator will provide essential coordination, management and clinical assessment support to the Southwest Region PHOP team, ensuring the goals of this program are met by creating a Psychological Health “safety net” for USNR Reservists and their families and identifying long-term strategies to improve Psychological Health support services for Reservists and their families. The Psychological Health Outreach Coordinator will perform all of the following services:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Facilitate phone or email based clinical assessments to Reservists who are referred through Deployment Health Assessment screenings or identified by unit Command, the NOSC staff, family member or friends, or by self referral or another means, as needing Psychological Health support services.
- Make initial contact within 24 hours of referral.
- Determine any psychological health issues that may require mental health care services or other psychosocial intervention.
- Contact all identified USNR Reservists who have returned from deployments within the last six months to determine if additional assessment is needed for PH issues.
- Assist the Reservist with Line of Duty (LOD) determination processing, and ensures that both individuals with service connected PH issues and that those with non-service connected issues are provided with support and required care from appropriate military and/or civilian agencies.
- Provide coordination services to individuals who were referred to mental health providers and follow each referred Reservist through to resolution of that individual’s case.
- Assist in facilitating USNR Reserve family member access to PH support.
- Maintain after hours phone/email service to respond to communications from clients.
- Maintain case documentation and contribute to data reporting and strategies to improve PH support services for Reservists and their Families.
- Provide periodic briefings to demobilizing Reservists.
- Coordinate the schedules for other team members, ensuring the dissemination of information to team from Command, and coordinate compilation of data for monthly reports
- Ensure overall quality review of client management records.
- Act as Program Supervisor and Primary Point of Contact Resource Specialist.
Employment Type: Part time
- Qualified applicants must be able to successfully pass a Criminal History Background Check
- Well versed in Clinical Practice with at least two years of experience facilitating clinical assessments
- Knowledge of various treatment modules
- Excellent Group coordination and organization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with outstanding administrative organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service focus
- Able to work well with individuals in a wide range of ranks and positions
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Social Sciences from a graduate school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education is required.
- The highest current State license or certificate as a LCSW/LICSW, LPC, LMHC, LMFT to practice independently (the qualifying license must be from the state in which the work site is located).
- Two years of full-time post-master’s degree, supervised clinical work experience, is required.
- Experience with telephonic email and assessment services as with Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) is a plus.
- Knowledge of the military culture and/or prior direct experience with the military preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers OR the American Red Cross’ CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
Career Level: Mid Career
Serco , Inc. - 11 months ago
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...