Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor), is the leading manufacturer and wholesaler of prescription lenses in the United States.
We currently have a Manager of Development and Donor Relations career opportunity at our Dallas, TX location.
This person will spearhead development efforts for Essilor Vision Foundation as it continues to grow. This new position in the organization, will offer this person the opportunity to build the development function and be the frontline fundraiser for the Essilor Vision Foundation.
- Help develop and execute annual fundraising plan and budget
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors, with the assistance of the Board.
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising with EVF grant writer
- Will be responsible for developing donor communication, the data base, and reporting all donor activity
- Will maintain the schedule of contacts with corporate and foundation representatives, keep detailed records of solicitation activities, and interpret corporate and foundation interests.
- Will interact with Essilor to leverage diverse corporate and foundation connections into coordinated EVF strategies.
- Will provide regular reports, KPI’s and briefings based on plan and foundation outreach activities.
- This position will ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful corporate and foundation partnerships, and will also be expected to develop new relationships with Foundations, institution prospects with a special emphasis on developing high value-exchange corporate alliances.
- Will also take ownership for special projects as needed to advance the mission and effectiveness of the EVF
- Work with EVF Grant writer, President and the Essilor Vision Foundation Board
- Other Duties as assigned by the President
- Bachelor's degree required
- Related experience at a corporation, foundation, major research university, hospital or related organization helpful
- Disciplined self-starter who regularly sets and achieves work goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, as are excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a small team environment is essential
- Knowledge of the philanthropic interests of major foundations are a plus, as is experience in proposal writing and development research
- Must be willing to travel and work irregular hours as needed
- Computer literacy and database familiarity required
Essilor of America, Inc. - 17 months ago