We have an immediate opening for a Manager of Sourcing Procurement Operations that will be responsible for leading a team of Procurement Professionals responsible for the sourcing, purchasing, end to end purchase order management, supplier performance, and analysis of all Network related purchasing activities supporting Core Network and Support Hardware Commodities (Central Office Electronics and services, Distribution, MRO materials, OSP products and services).
- Day to day management and professional development of the buying team.
- Management and oversight of tactical buying team within the Network Sourcing team. Develops purchasing and process improvements for the tactical buying team.
- Represents Sourcing and Procurement related to purchasing system issues and development.
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities for automation.
- Engage with suppliers and/or internal business units to understand requirements and performance gaps; identify root causes and corrective actions and implement performance improvements.
- Point of escalation for tactical buying team on purchase order expedites.
- Demonstrate complete understanding and the ability to execute the end to end procurement process.
- Working closely with functional business unit owners and Sourcing peers to develop procurement and sourcing strategies which meet the needs of the business, and result in optimal economic benefit for CenturyLink.
- Must develop and be accountable for key performance indicators outlined in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) which may include, but is not limited to, process improvements, cost savings, supplier performance and post order management. Responsible for the reporting of the AOP metrics for the Procurement Operations buying team.
- Manage purchasing life cycle across all defined categories.
- Measure, report, and manage procurement operations metrics.
- Summarizing and presenting Purchasing activity to all levels of management in support of decision making processes.
- Managing supplier disputes.
- Development, or redevelopment, of processes which enhance the sourcing and purchasing experience.
- Ensuring the adherence to corporate budgetary policies and Supply Chain M&P's.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience, in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Law, Finance, or other related fields. (Master's degree preferred).
- Five years of Supply Chain Management, or other relevant fields, performing activities which include
- Managing cross functional teams.
- Thorough experience and understanding of SAP purchasing systems.
- Development and delivery of executive level presentations which support the business decision making process.
- Proven experience of influencing business decisions.
- Managing supplier relationships for an assigned set of products and/or services.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high visibility environment with frequently shifting priorities.
- Specific purchasing expertise supporting service and product related categories.
- Ability to manage large data sets and perform moderate to complex analyses.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...