Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Solution Architect (SA) to provide Program Management and Technical Solutions Architect advisory support across both business and technical engagements and create high level designs to meet the Business/IT needs of federal agencies.
Designs may include transformational IT initiatives such as Data Center Management, Virtualization, Cloud, Desktop as a Service, IT as a Service and other domain solutions. The Senior SA will interact at multiple levels within a customer account and must be able to demonstrate strong technical skills, thought leadership, and have a commitment to the customer. The Senior SA will be responsible for owning the solution which includes; the business impact, feasibility, design, and support creation/updates of a detailed design. A successful candidate must have a positive attitude and feel comfortable working with all levels in an organization. May be working with the Account Team, Enterprise Architects, Technical Architects, Directors, VP’s, and CXO’s.
The Senior SA works autonomously to meeting client demands which may include building customized solutions to meet a client’s unique business needs. Building a solution may include activities such as running workshops, conducting client interviews, secondary research, input from the Account Team, working with specialists, product managers, and other stakeholders. The SA should have excellent listening skills, interpersonal skills, ability to solve complex problems, be a big picture thinker and be able to visualize the solution. With a clear and agreed upon client vision, you will be responsible for designing the solution to realize the vision. As a Technical Engagement Manager you will be responsible for providing architecture expertise and owning the solution and support the creation of a detailed design and updating the design when needed. This works includes supporting the development of the solution by working with specialists, Architects, Consultants to lead the development of the solution.
As an Engagement Manager you will need to serve as a Solutions Architect where you may also be responsible for the design of complex transformational strategies. In this technology leadership position you should feel comfortable in leading the development of solutions. The role requires tools, frameworks, and design patterns for solutions. You will be asked to contribute to those frameworks, develop reusable domain solutions, and mentor internal & external stakeholders on the use of the tools. You should be ready to take ownership of the initiatives and programs to aid in delivering of solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a mixture of program management, technical skills, business acumen, deep understanding of applying technology to solve business problems and a strong desire to support the customer. The ideal candidate will need to understand the detail behind the solutions and also be able to communicate the high level vision. The ideal candidate would have domain level understanding or hands on expertise in one or more of the following areas:
Platforms (Application Development, Application Design, SDLC, Java, UI, Spring, IDE’s, SOA)
Desktop (Desktops Architecture, Thin/Zero Clients, Desktop Management, Desktop Design)
Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, etc.)
Database Platforms (MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres etc.)
Web/Middleware/Application Servers (Apache, IIS, JBOSS, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, etc.)
Business tier coding languages (e.g. C#, Java, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
Application Development Frameworks (e.g. Spring, Struts, Wicket, MVC3, etc.)
Infrastructure (e.g. Data Center Design, Networking, Systems Hardware, System Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, Security, etc.)
Management (e.g. Datacenter Management, Application Management, Desktop Management, JMX, SNMP, MIBS, etc.)
Other web based development tools and technologies (e.g. XML, XSLT, JSON, etc.)
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Engagement Management across both business strategy and technical engagements
- Provide task order management, budget analysis and resource management
- Providing technical architecture and solutions, tool/software alternatives and capabilities, design specifications, and recommendations related to technical issues
- Define/Refine application architecture using industry standard best practices and design patterns
- Understand customer business, technical objectives, and product requirements, and design solutions to meet the business/technical objectives
- Must be able to develop Vision Strategy and Roadmaps deliverables to meet technical solutions
- Ability to think past the products and create solutions to meet the business/IT needs
- Work with project team to map design into a roadmap to help the customer to solve their objective
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams
- Ensure that technical proposals are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business issues
- Support sales efforts with delivery management and practice management teams
- Participate in regional marketing events to promote Octo’s solutions
- Author blogs, technical articles or white paper based on experiences
- Maintain proficiency in Octo Consulting service/solution offerings, value propositions, and representative case studies
- Obtain continuous feedback from the field, including customers and project teams, bringing IP back to corporate teams and making recommendations on future service/solution offerings
- 8-10+ years of overall experience in program management and technical consulting
- 5+ years of experience as a technical solutions architect in the architecture and design of complex business applications
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in design, development and implementation of large web based solutions
- Experience in the design and architecture of distributed systems, including clustering, failover, recovery and application partitioning techniques
- Proven ability to define and implement flexible solution and application architectures with alignment to business needs
- Must be able to explain technical concepts to technical (Developers, other Architects, etc.) and non-technical audience (Directors, CTOs, CIOs, etc.)
- Extensive experience in requirements gathering, use case analysis, architecture and design patterns
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented concepts and UML.
- Strong understanding of emerging technologies and trends such as Cloud Computing, Mobile, Big Data, Social Computing, etc., and demonstrated ability to apply the concepts to solve business problems
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong consulting, client management and business development skills
- Demonstrated track record of analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Organized, motivated and demonstrate the ability to work under minimal supervision to achieve desired objectives.
Octo Consulting Group - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Octo was founded in 2006 with the objective of providing creative and actionable solutions that deliver real and lasting value to our...