The Copywriter is responsible for writing effective advertising materials for print, web , collateral, and videos. Skilled conceptually in creative writing, they will work in tandem with the creative and marketing teams to translate strategic marketing concepts into headlines and copy for various mediums.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications preferred, related degrees considered
- Extremely detail-oriented, flexible, and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with aggressive development schedules
- Proven ability working across team and capabilities
- Writing and editing a wide range of material – including marketing campaigns, brochures, flyers, case studies, email blasts, direct mail, and sales promotion campaigns.
- Ability to produce original and persuasive copy that sell Softmart’s services
- Complying with company brand, formatting, and quality standards, with minimal errors.
- Learning, listening, asking, prioritizing and translating marketing goals and key messages into strategic creative concepts and copy.
- Consultation with internal client and external partners on tactical and creative approach.
- Ability to work with the creative team and other marketing staff on a regular basis to brainstorm copy ideas and possible concepts/angles surrounding communication and copy.
- Must be able to come up to speed quickly and work to deadlines, must be a self starter.
- Must be able to receive and utilize feedback from multiple channels, and have a strong command of the English language with an eye for detail in order to catch errors.
- Must have excellent communication and project management skills.
- Additional experience in writing for websites and /or public relations would be preferred.
- Ability to proofread
Softmart is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Softmart is a leading global resource of software and hardware to business and government markets. The company offers wide product...