The Wired Ethernet Validation Engineer is responsible for testing wired Ethernet products and drivers in Microsoft Windows and Linux for the leading computer components manufacturer.
- Executing test cases (scripted, automated or exploratory).
- Documenting test results.
- Investigating product defects.
- Entering defects and reproduction information into a defect tracking database.
- Working with software development engineers to resolve product quality issues.
- Integrating new systems into the test beds.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows (XP / 2003 through 7 / 2008 R2)
- Experience with major distributions of Linux such as SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Strong working knowledge of networking protocols (IP, TCP, UDP)
- Working knowledge of hubs, switches and cable types including the ability to set up a simple network
- Knowledge of physical and logical Ethernet topologies
- Ability to install and configure operating systems
- Ability to install and configure drivers
- Strong investigation skills along with training or experience with test case execution
Length of contract: 12-18 months
- Working knowledge of network traffic generators such as netperf, iperf and IxChariot
- Hands-on experience testing advanced Ethernet features such as TCP/IP offloads, jumbo frames, ACPI / power management, and manageability a plus
- Test automation experience in Windows or Linux
Number of positions available: 1
Hours per week: 40
% of travel required: 0
Please include a daytime phone number where you can best be reached along with your resume. Please also include a brief cover letter outlining your experience as related to this job requirement. CompuCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd party / recruiters please. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time.
CompuCom - 22 months ago
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...