The Unclassified Information Sharing Service (UISS) Senior Analyst Lead Knowledge Manager (KM) is responsible for the UISS organization-wide knowledge sharing to ensure that the organization's know-how, information, and experience is shared both internally and externally with clients, partners, and stakeholders. The UISS KM works with military and non-military clients to refine knowledge management strategies and to improve the usability of information, knowledge and tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
The UISS KM is responsible for ensuring UISS customers have the appropriate support while promoting communities of practice, coordinating taxonomy development, content development and training materials. The UISS KM will work with military and non-military customers to identify their information sharing and collaboration requirements and recommend UISS tools and services to meet those requirements. The UISS KM will be required to conduct consultations, training sessions and briefs to varied audiences while promoting and providing technical support for collaborative tools. Additional responsibilities include the evaluation of new processes and procedures to be integrated and implemented within individual user communities. International travel will be required at times to support training, exercises and conferences.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- BA or BS degree in Business, Communications, Social Science, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems
- 2 + years of experience with project management, knowledge management, business process improvement, or information management
- 1+ year of experience with using or implementing social media in a business and/or government environment
- 2+ years of experience promoting & providing technical support for collaborative tools including SharePoint 2010, web conferencing tools and other Web 2.0 technologies (Communities of Interest, wikis, blogs, forums, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience conducting assessments that focus on identifying existing baseline processes and procedures
- 2+ years of proven oral and written skills experience in communicating with many levels of decision makers, as well as peers and colleagues.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, including product management, requirements analysis, design, configuring, and quality assurance testing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Physically able and willing to travel in the U.S. and internationally
- Must possess active secret level security clearance
- 2+ years of experience with supporting military organizations
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 managing the development and implementation of IM or KM policy, governance, and architecture
- Knowledge Management Certification
Cubic Corporation - 15 months ago