Digital Reasoning is seeking a full-time Systems Engineer / DevOps Engineer to be part of the full software development lifecycle. We build an awesome unstructured text analytic software product, Synthesys.. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies in large data processing and distributed cloud technologies - getting your fingers into our full software stack. You will be part of a team of four greatly competent and hard working developers, placed at the customer site in order to help push out our new features and adapt to the customer's needs. You will also be backed by a great team of developers and operations folks at the headquarters, who want to help and see us all succeed.
If you see yourself matching an overwhelmingly large number of our "need to haves" and some of our "nice to haves" below, give us a shout.
Need to haves:
- Linux administration skills (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Experience scripting languages - Bash and either Python, Ruby, or ...
- Understanding of current technologies such as Hadoop, Storm, HBase,
Cassandra, Cloudbase/Accumulo, Puppet or Chef
- Clear understanding of networking technologies (Routers, Firewalls,
- Understanding of distributed SCM, such as git or hg
- Ability to plan and execute projects with minimal oversight
- Experience working with clients in person
- Experience gathering and analyzing requirements from technical and
- Great problem solving skills
- Currently hold a TS/SCI
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with large clusters used for distributed processing
- Experience with Map/Reduce frameworks (e.g. Hadoop) or streaming
processing frameworks (e.g. Storm) is a huge plus
- Cloud Computing on Amazon EC2 or Rackspace Cloud
- JVM based and dynamic scripting environments
- Working knowledge of relational database technology
- Knowledge of web application servers such as Jetty or JBoss
- Monitoring services - Ganglia, Nagios, etc.
Digital Reasoning - 20 months ago