The RN Patient Family Educator provides specialized education for patients, families, and members of the community. This position conducts training from approved curriculum resources. May conduct needs assessment nd individualized educational activities as appropriate for participants. Participates in curriculum updates and revisions based on current research and policy revisions.
Job essentials specific to Diabetes Clinic:
Shifts: Wed, Thurs, Friday 8 – 5
- Make rounds on patients and provide coaching to patients and family members.
- Deliver diabetes education to class participant and/or provide individual teaching that supports diabetes management.
- Current Utah RN license
- 1 year of clinical experience
- Experience or training in teaching/educating patients
- BLS Certification
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking
- National certification in Diabetes Education or have started working toward the 1000 hours necessary for certification
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or Health care field
- Education experience in a clinical environment
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...