The facilities department is looking to fill multiple part time Custodian positions. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position(s) are filled.
Under general supervision of the Custodial Supervisor and/or Custodial Team Lead, the Part-time Hourly Custodian performs Custodial Specialist assignments and/or tasks to maintain the institution's cleanliness, safety, and care of facilities within a designated custodial team and area while following assigned work standards. May also perform other related duties as required. Assignments and tasks, specific team or area may change to better facilitate the needs of the Custodial Team and institution.
The successful candidate must have the ability to perform all Custodial Specialist assignments:
- Restroom Specialist: Responsible for maintaining the restrooms which consist of cleaning, disinfecting and restocking supplies in restrooms, keeping the restroom specialist cart stocked/organized.
- Wipe Down Specialist: Responsible for maintaining the cleaning, disinfecting of the classrooms, labs, offices, lounges, and non-public areas, keeping the Wipe down Specialist cart stocked and organized.
- Floor Specialist: Responsible for maintaining floors in the classrooms, labs, offices, lounges, and non-public areas which consist of vacuuming, sweeping, dust mopping, mopping, scrubbing (manually or with a machine), keeping the vacuums maintained and working properly.
- Utility Specialist: Basic custodial equipment and building maintenance, custodial closet supply ordering and organization and work order completion. Duties include disinfecting and cleaning of public areas in assigned zone.
- Serve as support for weekday and weekend campus events. Will provide assistance when necessary during schedule events including garbage removal, restroom cleaning, and other duties.
- Physical ability to do required work
- Ability to understand and follow verbal written instructions in English, including maintenance work orders and chemical label instructions
- One year of experience as a maintenance custodian, custodian or equivalent
- Knowledge of current cleaning methods and chemical safety practices, disinfecting and preventative maintenance
- Experience operating custodial machines or similar equipment, including electrical and manual hand tools
- Washington driver's license or the ability to obtain one within six months of hire
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a non-benefit eligible intermittent position anticipated to be scheduled to work 16-hours per week,10:30 PM to 7:00 AM. during a Monday thru Friday workweek Occasionally hours will vary to meet business needs.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE:
To qualify for consideration, please submit the items listed below:
Send completed application to
- Green River Community College Application
Mandiann Bumgarner, Custodial Supervisor
Green River Community College
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092
253-833-9111 ext. 2909 or 3333
Or fax materials to: 253-288-3459
Responsibility for submission of required application materials before the deadline rests with the applicant. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applicants who fax or e-mail materials must then forward original signed materials. Unsolicited materials will not be considered or returned to the applicant. The application package and all materials submitted with it, become the property of the college and will not be returned or considered for additional or future openings.
Part-time hourly employees who work 350 hours or more in any 12 month period are covered under the WFSE contract and will be required to pay dues.
All offers of employment are subject to background verification.
Starting January 1, 2013, Green River Community College will become a tobacco free campus. For more information on the tobacco policy, please visit the following link: http://www.greenriver.edu/about-grcc/policies-and-procedures/new-policies/ga-02-tobacco-use.htm
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Green River Community College is a committed equal opportunity employer and educator and operates under an affirmative action policy. The college is committed to meeting its diversity needs. We strongly encourage all qualified applicants, ESPECIALLY ETHNIC AND RACIAL MINORITIES, WOMEN, PERSONS OF DISABILITY, PERSONS OVER THE AGE OF 40, AND VIETNAM-ERA VETERANS to apply. It is the responsibility of applicants selected for interview to notify the college of any accommodations required as a result of a disability covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Green River Community College - 24 months ago