Job Description: Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
Software Build Configuration Management (CM) position in support of Software Engineering activities targeted towards CSG Chipset products. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing Software Build/CM integration tasks along with evaluating and recommending improvements to the build environment for both Linux and Windows build environments along with maintenance on the build servers. Tasks include documenting existing CM processes and policies and updating/maintaining CM process documentation. The candidate will gather/analyze configuration management and defect metrics with the end goal of improving CM processes, evaluate and introduce more efficient productivity enhancing tools into the SCM environment and develop scripts and tools to improve the efficiency of the build and CM processes.
This position requires a BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering.
Requirements include demonstratable skills acquired through coursework, projects and internships in the following:
Additional Skills in the following areas are desired:
- Software lifecycle methodologies, configuration management and software process.
- C/C++, Perl, SW builds and make files;experience with Perl and python scripting and visual C++ tool development
- Experience with both Windows and Linux build environments.
- Development of good configuration management processes and plans
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycles and good development practices (such as CMMI, UML, six sigma etc)
- Experience with SQL and knowledge of database design
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Presentation skills; strong communication skills
- The ability to persuade others in the technical viability of any proposed process improvements
- Knowledge in storage technologies, Linux builds and development and SW/FW debugging is a plus
- Experience with Perforce administration is a plus
Dec 17, 2012
Dec 18, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 20 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...