Cigna Onsite Health, LLC is a core business unit supporting Cigna's employer based clinical delivery strategy by offering client specific services including employer based medical clinics, pharmacies, and onsite coaching. The Nurse Practitioner will utilize professional training in a corporate onsite clinic to provide care to employees and/or dependents. .
- Urgent Care requiring limited to no follow-up
- Extended Episodic Acute Care which can include 4-5 visits for an illness or injury that is limited in its chronicity
- Provide monitoring of chronic conditions in conjunction with patient PCP, i.e., blood pressure checks, Glucose monitoring, etc.
- Oversight and ability to perform specimen collection onsite for employee convenience
- Ability to provide oversight and ability to run onsite CLIA waived tests
- Ability to evaluate patients who need to go on, or are already on, Short Term Disability and work with the Case Management team
- To work with onsite employees to provide biometric screening and education in clinic
- To assist HR team in providing onsite immunizations
- To provide Travel Medicine recommendation and immunizations
- To assist in developing and implementing onsite educational programs based on sites medical dynamics (i.e., obesity, smoking cessation, etc.)
- To evaluate and provide direct one on one health coaching to employees along with referring patients into Wellness programs while working as a team member with telephonic wellness team
- To dispense prepackaged medications onsite (if allowable by law)
- To respond to onsite emergencies until EMS can arrive
- BLS training and the ability to utilize and AED when appropriate
- To assist patients to increase knowledge of specific condition through individual and/or group educational opportunities
- Promote team approach to healthcare through fostering of relationship with MAA
- Keep license current and attend appropriate CME educational opportunities
- To assist in the development of appropriate treatment protocols based on Evidence Based Medicine when applicable.
- The ability to communicate with both internal and external customers
- The ability to present to group of employees on various related health topics
- To be able to manage the clinic support team while following CIGNA policy and procedures
- Active and unrestricted RN license required
- Graduate of Certified Family Practice practitioner program in State of Texas
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience
- Excellent team building skills
- Ability to partner with local HR to better employee’s health
- Ability to speak to groups
- Good computer skills using MS Office Products (Word/Excel) and Electronic Health Records systems
Day schedule with no weekends or holidays..
At Cigna, we're more than a health insurance company. We're a global health service company.
Cigna works with employers and organizations...