The Lead Proposal Consultant manages daily departmental operations, including staff scheduling, polices, processes, workflow, distribution, prioritization, and timelines. Manages the research, development and submission of all formal renewal requests for National and Regional Accounts, and is accountable for the organizational response to complex requests for information (RFI), proposals (RFP), as well as formal surveys submitted by major employee benefit consulting firms, employer coalitions, and internal and external business partners. Responsible to set strategic direction for projects and develops project plans to communicate information to ensure competitive market positioning for the organization.
• Lead and manage a wide range and high volume of both long and short term complex and highly visible multi-faceted projects critical to the sales and marketing business goals of the enterprise, and specifically National and Large Regional Accounts.
• Responsible for setting strategic direction of projects and developing project plans. Projects are broad in scope and the Lead Proposal Consultant will develop and exercise additional skills in the course of completing projects.
• Plans and facilitates cross-functional meetings.
• Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences.
• Establishes procedures regarding implementation of project outcomes.
• Manages team timelines and schedules.
• Motivates team members to ensure successful outcomes.
• Provides guidance, support, training and mentoring to other Proposal Consultants.
• It is expected the Lead Proposal Consultant will complete more complex RFPs and projects than less seasoned staff.
• Provides recommendations to management senior executives on complex issues that impact membership and revenue.
• Provides decision making to more junior staff to ensure project, department or functional area goals and objectives are met.
• Determines assignments for more junior team members and provides routine guidance and supervision to ensure completion and attainment of objectives and goals.
• The Lead Proposal Consultant works w/ Executive Account Managers, National and Regional Underwriters, Regional Account Managers, Sales Directors and Senior Leadership, and other professionals on rate requests and Requests for Proposal from Regional and National Purchasers.
• Manage and develop multiple RFPs/RFIs of high level of complexity simultaneously for renewing and prospective National, Regional, and Multi-Regional Major Accounts, which includes:
• The Lead Proposal Consultant will serve as a project lead on large complex RFPs supervising the work of the other Proposal Consultants.
• The Lead Proposal Consultant will provide direction and oversight to Proposal Consultants and assigned components of project work.
• Perform reviews of RFPs, RFIs, extra-contractual agreements, and other projects completed by other personnel w/in PMT.
• Assigns and delegates all work for the Proposal Management Team.
• Reviews must be performed in a complete, accurate, efficient, and timely manner in order to allow time for the Consultant coordinating the project to discuss any questions that may arise, confirm information if needed, initiate necessary revisions, and submit the project in a timely manner.
• Accountable for ensuring that responses to RFPs, RFIs, extra-contractual agreements, and other documents produced by the Proposal Management Team are in accordance w/ current state and federal legislation and regulatory bodies as well as Health Plan practice, policies, and procedures.
• Six (6) years of experience in health plan administration, marketing, analysis or direct proposal management experience.
• Demonstrated experience in organization of systems and procedures required.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Healthcare, Communications, or related field or equivalent years of experience required
• Exceptional organizational and time/task management skills required.
• Basic understanding of the healthcare industry required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate and cooperate w/ internal and external customers required.
• Excellent skills in mathematics, research and analysis, oral and written communications, English, and grammar required.
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills required.
• Proven ability to effectively research and analyze information for use in production of RFPs, RFIs, and other projects required.
• Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a flexible and cohesive team required.
• Three (3) years of experience in providing guidance and mentoring to junior staff preferred.
• Master's degree in Marketing, Healthcare, Communications, or related field preferred.
• Superior interpersonal skills and ability to interact smoothly and effectively w/ a variety of functional, management and executive level personnel preferred.
• Proven ability to analyze risks on multiple projects and implement mitigation strategies in real time preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems under pressure and meet multiple simultaneous deadlines consistently preferred.
• Demonstrated process re-engineering ability preferred.
• Develops advanced concepts, practices or standards preferred.
• Contributes to the development of innovative ideas and principles preferred.
• Viewed by others as an RFP expert w/in the organization preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 14 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...