The Ohio State University transforms lives, and the Office of Student Life is seeking a HR Associate who will continue the transformation of Human Resources as it establishes itself as a Business Partner to all of Student Life. Our HR Associate will provide outstanding and professional service for all visitors and appointments to our Human Resources Service Center. This individual will work collaboratively and enthusiastically with peers, Student Life supervisors and all employees to process student employee documentation efficiently and accurately based on federal, state and university policy and procedure.
This position is an integral part of a comprehensive, 15 member Student Life Human Resources ( SLHR ) team and will be instrumental in contributing to the vision of creating the extraordinary student experience. Other members of the SLHR team include Student Life’s Senior Human Resource Officer, Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Specialists and Associates, Background Check Program Coordinator and students. In addition, key relationships will include supervisors of student employees across Student Life and Student Life’s Payroll team.
Specifically, this position will be expected to complete the following objectives within:
1. Immediately upon hire, begins daily support and management of Student Life HR’s customer service desk. This includes phone, mail, appointments and walk-ins requesting service. Coordinates new students arriving for HR paperwork with a processor, opening and closing office and maintenance of work areas
2. Week 3, assumes management and monitoring of student HR transaction requests. Monitors HR Action Request tool and Service Center email requests daily. Prints documentation for processing on day of submission and closes requests on day of completion. Manages the workflow of student human resource transactions into the HRIS and Student Life Timekeeping System ensuring timely and accurate completion. Ensures completed paperwork is verified and scanned to electronic employee files.
3. Week 4, completes training on exception reports and is responsible for resolution within 2 days of receiving the payroll exception reports and queries. Takes appropriate action and communicates resolutions.
1. Completes training on the Work-Study Financial Aid program. Assumes processing of hires, terminations and monitoring of financial aid awards.
2. Completes training on Residence Life stipend processing. Assumes processing of stipend changes for 2012/2013 Residential Managers, Residential Advisors, and Student Advisors.
1. Closes 2012/2013 Federal Work-Study Financial Aid records and creates 2013/2014 communication and records.
2. Closes 2012/2013 Residence Life stipend records and creates 2013/2014 communication.
3. Completes training on Graduate Administrative Assistant ( GAA ) stipend and tuition waiver processing. In coordination with the HR manager, maintains 2013/2014 spreadsheet and contracts for approximately 70 GAA’s in Student Life and processes hires, terminations and tuition fee waivers.
1. Exceptional success in servicing a variety of business units and employees.
2. Minimum of three years of experience processing employee hires, pay rate changes and terminations demonstrating knowledge and ability to find and resolve exceptions and compliance issues.
3. Progressively responsible experience following administrative and procedural processes, while making significant contributions to process improvements.
4. Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in human resources or a related field.
Keeping an eye on Buckeye Staters' education is The Ohio State University (OSU). The school has an enrollment of about 64,000 students...