Equal Opportunity Employer
The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying customers’ needs comprehensively and matching their needs with selections and resources within the colleague’s assigned business line and across all business lines of Associated Bank.
Directs the day to day operational activities of the office to ensure each customer’s experience is positive and memorable. Establishes a full-relationship with customers, personally committing to consistently exceed customer expectations every time, everywhere, by being able to meet a broad range of financial service needs and consistently pursues 100% of each customer’s business. Responsible for the sale of bank products to customers and prospects, by actively soliciting and opening new accounts, including all DDA products and consumer loan products. Leads by example in goal attainment. A thorough knowledge of procedures, policies and the ability to make sound judgment decisions is required. In conjunction with the Bank Manager and the Teller Supervisor if applicable, is responsible for the overall operational integrity of the bank office. Conduct huddles, check-ins, and directly supervise colleagues in the absence of the Bank Manager. Supermarket Assistant Managers will also be responsible for meeting aisle prospecting expectations.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Service/Referral/Sales Activities (50%)
Training, Coaching, Mentoring/Retaining (20%)
1. Identify needs and refer customers to business partners within and across lines of business who can best meet those needs.
2. Ensures positive public perception by extending a warm welcome to existing or potential customers, and identifying their needs, presenting solutions through product benefits, overcoming resistance, completing the sale, and nurturing relationships, personally committing to consistently exceed customer expectations, every time, everywhere.
3. Responsible for or plays a major part in the overall operational integrity of the office. Maintains a complete and thorough knowledge of policies, procedures and computer system / equipment. Provides direction and assists in the supervision of the office in the manager’s absence.
4. Conducts or assists with coaching and observations of staff to improve/maintain accuracy, provide superior customer service, increase referrals, and enhance the professional development of colleagues. Help build enthusiasm for bank products and teller line promotions.
5. Remains knowledgeable and conduct procedures relating to office security, including but not limited to: Security procedures, Monthly Audit Checklist requirements, security equipment testing, office security training and surprise cash audits. Makes security check acceptance and exception judgment calls in a manner that will protect Associated, customers and colleagues against loss or fraud.
6. Supervises PBI staff directly or indirectly. Helps direct the day to day operations activities of the office including: teller balancing, ordering cash, vault balancing, scheduling teller staff, ordering supplies and completing daily and monthly reports.
7. In consultation with the manager, will be asked to participate in interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, and disciplining staff.
8. Actively participates in aisle prospecting, promoting yourself, the bank and the products, adhering to prospecting guidelines and standards. Helps assist in aisle prospecting training for new associates, acting as a role model and coach.
9. Must remain flexible to work Retail extended hours in a 7-day facility. Because of extended hours, frequently will be responsible in overseeing and supervising the office independently from the manager.
10. Provides technical guidance and training to staff on operating procedures, monitors regulatory and compliance changes, ensures compliance with outside regulations and corporate Standard Operating Procedures.
11. Performs all teller functions as needed, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, etc. and models the behavior of identifying customer needs and referring products and services.
High school diploma or equivalent is required; post-secondary education is a plus
Associates Degree in banking or business related field; At least 2 levels of Teller Certification completion.
2 years Teller or Senior Teller experience in a banking environment. Leadership, Customer Service, Cross Selling experience.
1-2 years Teller or Senior Teller, 1-2 years as a supervisor, banker or manager role in a banking or Retail environment.
Special Skill Requirements – Computer Skills/Licensing/Teller & PB Certifications/Bonding
Must submit required information to meet registry requirements, obtain a unique identifier, and maintain the registration requirements as directed by the S.A.F.E Act.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws
Direct = Varies Indirect = 0
Typically supervises staff, directly or indirectly. Focus is on personal sales, and Teller referral accountabilities and mentoring personal bankers in the office.
In-store Assistant Managers may also be responsible for supervising the Teller staff, and operating a Teller window, as needed (typically 20%).
W1395 Van Roy Rd
Associated Bank - 18 months ago
A lot of Midwesterners are associated with Associated Banc-Corp, the holding company for Associated Bank.One of the largest banks based in...