Candidate needs to be able to work independently; role involves some lifting and quite a bit of walking. 12 hr shifts- every Friday, Saturday and Sunday with rotating Holidays.
The Health Care Record Clerk performs a variety of clerical duties to support the timely collection, distribution, analysis, completion and availability of the patient health care record.
Experience in windows based and Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Completion of Medical Terminology course work or class or will complete within 3 months of hire.
General knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology.
- Desired: General knowledge of health record completion and documentation guidelines and regulations.
Customer service related position.Previous knowledge and experience in birth certificate processing.
- Required: Minimum of 6 months of previous experience in a health care or similar setting or office setting.
- Desired: Health Information Management experience as a Medical Secretary, Health Unit Coordinator or health care related or other health care experience.
- Required: Core Competencies as demonstrated by: Team Work and Organization and Planning: Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.Adaptability: Performs a variety of duties, and organize a variety of work processes, without loss of efficiency or customer service. Communication: Possess strong oral and written communication skills. Team Work: Ability to work as a team member.
- Desired: Bilingual - Spanish or Hmong.
Gundersen Health System - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Gundersen Health System is where caring meets excellence through a comprehensive health network of wholly owned and affiliated services....