Sr. Mechanical Engineer position in the field of Mechanical Design of Aircraft Antenna Systems. Engineer will assume the responsibility of lead in the design of Airborne and Ground Based Antennas to include detail parts, assemblies, and installations. Engineer applies prior knowledge of airborne antenna systems engineering design for application to integrated system design. Engineer will be responsible for research, development of layouts, preparation of procurement specifications, engineering drawings, manufacturing, and production to ensure that designs meet requirements at minimum cost. Designs will be accomplished using SolidWorks solid modeling CAD (Computer Aided Design) tools. Finite Element Analysis experience is highly desirable. Engineer will work with RF and Electrical engineers to develop antenna systems that meet or exceed customer requirements. Sr. Mechanical Engineer has the responsibilities of requirements definition, design, preliminary analysis, prototype development and oversight of manufacture of antenna systems on a wide variety of military aircraft platforms.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position requires U. S. citizenship.
The applicant will perform requirements development functions on various DoD programs. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Required Skills (specialized experience/knowledge/skills for this job):
Desired Skills (other skills/abilities which will be helpful):
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or related engineering field
- 7-10 years of related Mechanical Design experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- CAD skills and knowledge of industry-drafting standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Up to 20% travel required for this position
US Security Clearance Required
- Active DoD security clearance
- Prior experience with SolidWorks and Finite Element Modeling Tools
- Finite Element Analysis experience.
- Shall have effective oral and written communication skills and be able to prepare/present reports to internal and external customers.
- Ruggedized electronic packaging experience with knowledge of RTCA DO-160 Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment.
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
L-3 Communications - 13 months ago
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones...