Baton Rouge, LA
Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to protect families from drunk driving and underage drinking. With the help of those who want a safer future, MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving® will end this danger on America’s roads. PowerTalk 21® is the national day for parents to talk with their kids about alcohol, using the proven strategies of Power of Parents™ to reduce the risk of underage drinking. And as one of the largest victim services organizations in the U.S., MADD also supports drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge, serving one person every eight minutes through local MADD victim advocates and at 1-877-MADD-HELP. Learn more at www.madd.org or by calling 1-877-ASK-MADD.
The MADD Baton Rouge, LA office is currently seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Development Director 112-12
Provides administrative support to the development team for all fundraising activities, events and programs.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Coordinate meetings and maintain records relating to fundraising efforts.
2. Assist with the coordination of special event activities and fundraising tasks.
3. Responsible for solicitation and cultivation of donors for assigned fundraising goal or strategy.
4. Assist the Development Officer in preparation of grant and foundation proposals.
5. Work directly with donors, prospects and volunteers to respond to inquiries, provide gift acknowledgements and coordinate donor stewardship.
6. Prepare and ensure distribution of letters, reports and presentations.
7. Track donor information into software; provide requested reports. Update fundraising websites as appropriate.
8. Review bills and invoices and prepare requests for checks subject to management approval.
9. Other duties as required.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred
2. 6 months – 1 year fundraising or sales experience highly desired
3. Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
4. Strong attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
5. Ability to work as part of a team with staff and volunteers or independently.
6. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
1 year or more of fundraising, grant proposal writing, and database entry experience highly desired.
Interested Candidates should forward resumes to the following email address: Floyd.email@example.com
MADD offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits + business casual environment.
“An Interested Party will be considered an applicant only after the individual has complied with the application process and has indicated the specific position for which they are applying.”
MADD is an equal opportunity employer.