This individual will lead the strategic sourcing procurement activities directly supporting Monsanto’s Indirect Procurement needs.
Duties within this role include the establishment and implementation of short and long term plans ensuring sourced goods and services are meeting optimal operating performance, achieving increased value to the company in cost, quality and service through strategic partnerships with suppliers and key stakeholders.
This successful candidate will work closely with key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. The Category Manager’s primary responsibility is to utilize the strategic sourcing best practices to capture real savings while making effective supply base decisions. This includes direct savings captured through consolidating company-wide purchasing volume and applying operational and commercial TCO levers to reduce cost and managing contracts with suppliers.
This position will the Corporate Services Category Lead and is located in St. Louis, MO.
Develop and implement commodity and category strategies and establish and maintain strategic relationships with suppliers to ensure successful implementation and support.
- Develop, champion, and ensure implementation of ideas directly optimizing total cost of ownership year-over-year for assigned spend categories.
- Work collaborative with Procurement Team to share best practices, and to streamline strategic sourcing processes.
- Contribute to the cost savings goal of $500 million dollars to be delivered by F’2015.
- Track forecasted vs actual savings for the assigned spend category and be responsible for communicating performance against these measures and their potential budgetary impact.
Work with business unit leadership to monitor contract compliance.
Manage supplier development/relationships to ensure continuity of good and services that meet the quality, service and price performance standards of the company.
Develop negotiations strategies and drive negotiations to achieve stated goals and objectives.
Drive improvement of procurement efficiency and effectiveness throughout Monsanto.
Remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers and market experts; identify and communicate new technologies and solutions to key problems in the assigned spend areas.
Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as any internal policies (e.g. code of ethics) or procedures to ensure that the behavior exhibited by the organization with the highest level of integrity, honesty, and transparency.
Support Monsanto’s Women and Minority Business Enterprise Program.
Lead cross-functional negotiating teams targeting key spend categories.
Required (Basic/Minimum Qualifications):
- Collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realize procurement goals and objectives.
Desired (Nice to Have/Assets) skills/experience/education:
- BA/BS in Supply Chain Management/Business/Engineering or related field required.
- Preferably successful 5 to 7 year track record in a global procurement organization
- Able to work in a dual reporting matrix environment and aggressively take the lead on implementation of savings opportunities that affect numerous lines of business
- Demonstrate Candor; ability to respectfully challenge senior leadership
- Results Orientation
- Comfort/familiarity with constructing presentations, organization communications, and business cases
- Strong ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions and at the leadership levels
- Strong analytical capabilities and negotiation skills
- Self starter and independent worker
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with SAP
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...