Systems Administrator/ Linux, Hadoop- Health IT
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Position of Public Trust
Number of Openings
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence...
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's iPROMPT-HC program for DARPA.
iPROMPT-HC will implement a sophisticated IT feedback system to create a transformation of healthcare decision-making utililizing integration and deployment of advanced signal processing, algorithms, error controls, and learning systems capabilities enabling advanced and unique learning about the health of individuals and populations. Through a continuous learning decision support system, this knowledge can be applied broadly to build an unprecedented, targeted, personalized approach to health and wellness across the healthcare system.
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Mc Lean VA.
Northrop Grumman will be establishing a new production IT facility which will support development, research and analysis for the iPROMPT-HC project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The System Administrator will be responsible for the start-up and ongoing support of the hardware and systems software infrastructure. Start-up will require systems design and planning. Work scope will include infrastructure and systems setup, configuration, implementation of hardware and OS software, systems connectivity, storage connectivity and configuration, system security, and production process and procedures. Systems supported are Linux-based and utilize Hadoop.
• Installation and ongoing support of the IT infrastructure for the iPROMPT-HC project.
• Develop data back-up systems, processes, and procedures
• Installation, configuration, and sustain operation of storage solutions
• Installation, configuration, and sustain operation of storage fabric switch
• Installation, configuration, and sustain operation of systems software
• Engaging and reviewing proposed designs as applicable to Linux OS, storage solutions and Hadoop HDFS.
• Lead work teams and contractors as applicable to install and sustaining production operations.
• Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning and Implementation
• Provide production systems administration and coordinate with network support and database administration personnel.
• Support the development of policies, procedures, and processes for both operations and customer facing operations.
Bachelors Degree with 10 years of IT experience (8 years with Masters degree) including 7+ years of Linux systems administration
Linux Administrator Certification
Network storage configuration and support
Server configuration and support
Working and/or hands-on knowledge of servers and storage in a Big Data environment
Hadoop installation, configuration and support experience including HDFS
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Senior Level Linux Administrator (e.g. LPIC-3) Certification
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 13 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...