Post-Silicon System Validation (SV) Manager
Plans, provides resources for and directs activities in Post-Silicon System Validation of Ethernet switch chips to meet schedules, standards, and cost. Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. Documents and adheres to system validation processes. Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and solutions. Provides guidance on employee development, performance, and productivity issues. Plans and schedules daily tasks, uses judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices. Inadequacies and erroneous decisions would cause moderate inconvenience and expense. Also responsible for hands-on system validation work. Creates, defines and develops post-silicon system validation environment and test suites. Uses and applies emulation and platform-level tools and techniques to ensure performance to spec. Responsible for the development of methodologies, execution of validation plans, and debug of failures. Requires broad understanding of multiple system areas and requires interfaces with Architecture, Design, and Pre-silicon Validation teams in improving post-silicon test content and providing feedback for future on-die debug features.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 4+ years of relevant experience in validation and debugging
- 4+ years of experience with C and Perl
- 2+ years of experience developing in a Linux/UNIX environment
- 2+ years of validation or software management experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Firm understanding of Ethernet and IP networking, switching and routing concepts and protocols
- Experience developing test automation
- Experience with Cadence* Concept* schematic, Allegro* Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, and Signal Integrity simulations would be an added advantage
- Adherence to meeting schedule and accurate electrical development forecasting is essential
- Completion of several board and system development projects would be an added advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
USA-California, Thousand Oaks
Feb 12, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...