For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Cisco seeks a Consulting System Engineer to provide guidance and assist account teams in building solutions to address specific customer needs. In this position, you will be working with technology experts to help them position the solution effectively against competing offerings. Related technical knowledge is essential, and sales skills are important. The ideal candidate will also have a level of comfort communicating across all functions within Cisco, as well as with clients and partners. This is a good opportunity for someone to work as a leader in the technology field with today's most innovative teams in a demanding and growing industry environment-enabling career advancement in technical or management roles.
Area or Operation responsibilities for selected major account opportunities. Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for major account opportunities. Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements. Understand and articulate Cisco's Architectures and Services. Facilitate better communications and understanding of customer requirements between customers, corporate and the field. Create, present and document technical solutions. Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Drive identified major account opportunities (i.e. technical consulting, upper level management presentations, and Cisco technology solutions) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership. Provide consultative support and mentor other less experienced Systems Engineers in assigned major account opportunities. Major account focus will require increased travel responsibilities. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team.
This position is a pre-sales engineering role responsible for driving customer activities and discussions that lead to preference of Cisco’s Unified Collaboration (UC) solutions. The focus in this position is to uncover business benefits for a customer by moving to a Unified Collaboration (UC) system, consulting on Cisco UC solutions and applications to solve business problems, designing and presenting appropriate technical solutions using Cisco UC products that will close the business and generate revenue, as well as internal and partner collaboration and training.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a long history in the Telecommunications field with both TDM and IP telephony, knowledge of Cisco’s Unified Collaboration portfolio (IP PBX, phones, voicemail, unified messaging, web collaboration, voice gateways, contact center suite, video) and/or competitive equivalent, as well as pre-sales engineering experience. The best candidate will have a background in large enterprises and/or large commercial accounts and understand how to approach desktop and application departments within a client to drive understanding and preference to Cisco’s Unified Collaboration solutions.
There will be travel required in the territory stated above. We will greatly promote the appropriate use of Telepresence, Webex, and Meetingplace to allow the virtualization of all resources on this team.
This role with work with established Cisco Account Managers, Systems Engineers and Cisco Voice Partners to plan Sales Strategy, develop proposals, deliver customer presentations and demonstrations to close business.
• Minimum seven years experience in the voice communications industry.
• In-depth knowledge of "traditional" voice communications systems and applications.
• Familiarity with IP voice communications systems, preferably Cisco's solutions
• Operational experience in integrating to an existing TDM PBX.
• Understanding and operational experience with a routed and switched data network.
• Strong business acumen and customer presence
• Experience and comfort conversing with Telecom Managers as well as customer lines of business on voice solutions
• Ability to present topics in a clear and concise manner to many levels of technical skill sets and audience sizes
While customer facing engagements will be the primary role, other duties will include:
• Training colleagues on Telecommunication and Collaboration topics and practices
• Developing best practices in sales approaches and technical execution
• Engagement with Cisco Professional Services and Channel teams, as well as Cisco partners in the geography to drive sales efforts
• Effective collaboration and teaming with multiple internal teams and multiple levels of the organizations (Business Units, Account teams, Regional Management, Capital Leasing, Partners, Channels)
Cisco Systems - 9 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...