Cyber Security Analyst (Job Number: 306875)
SAIC has a job opening for a Cyber Security Analyst supporting intelligence community programs in Arlington, VA.
Cybersecurity Analysts are part of a growing field of professionals who perform security assessments and security analyses of information technology solutions, systems, and programs within the government, health, energy, and financial industries. At SAIC, Cybersecurity Analysts assess, analyze, and document security requirements, policies, controls, and risks to customer missions.
- Lead security assessments of customer systems, services, and programs with support from more senior staff.
- Analyze customer processes and configurations to verify that previously identified flaws have been corrected, and document the results.
- Develop approaches for industry-specific threat analyses and the generation of vulnerability reports.
- Develop detailed remediation reports and recommendations for compliance and security improvements across industries based on changing threats.
- Ensure a consistent approach to information security programs and adherence with best practices.
- Professional business attire is required for client site work.
- Bachelor’s Degree, and at least 6 years of related experience, can substitute 4 years of experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Clearly articulate technical requirements and other information in written documentation.
- Effectively communicate technical and non-technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Communicate well with customer’s technical staff and management.
- Methodically gather, document, and present specific customer requirements.
- Follow existing processes and procedures, and propose updates to such.
- Work with minimal supervision, set priorities, and give attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time-management skills: multi-tasking, working individually and with a team, having a positive attitude, being self-motivated and reliable, being trustworthy, having strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, and being able to handle stress in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate excellent technical skills.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Have knowledge and hands-on experience with IT architecture and design (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networking, virus protection technologies, LAN/WAN design, and/or general internetworking technologies).
- Must pass a client federal agency background investigation and be granted a Top Secret clearance.
- U.S. Citizen citizenship required.
Broad IP network and security engineering experience including a basic understanding of IP routing, quality of service mechanisms, MPLS, and IPsec architectures.
- Experience with information security control frameworks such as SAS 70/SSAE No. 16, PCI, NERC CIP, Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) 08-09, HIPAA, GLBA, SOX, or other security frameworks.
- Broad understanding of risk management practices and security program development including change management, access control, and physical security.
- Hands-on experience configuring, deploying, and managing mission critical network appliances such as routers, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DPI, etc.
- Hands-on system administration experience with various operating systems including Windows, AIX, BSD, z/OS, RHEL, SUSE, HP-UX, QNX, etc.
- Hands-on system administration experience with DB2, MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase, etc.
- Experience with various programming languages.
- Experience with system development lifecycles (SDLCs).
- Experience with change management processes.
- Have a CISSP certification or the ability to obtain one.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2012, 1:49:56 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...