BlueLinx Corporation remains the leading domestic wholesaler of building products, serving independent dealers, industrial customers and large home improvement centers from over 60 locations in the United States and one location in Canada . BlueLinx creates value for our customers and vendors across the supply chain by providing an outlet for a significant portion of the building products and an ever-growing selection of distribution services that utilize our vast transportation assets and facilities, and a wide selection of third-party products. For additional information, please visit us on the web @ www.BlueLinxCo.com .
Position Purpose Summary :
Executive team member responsible for partnering with business leaders to develop and execute the strategic technology plan for the organization. Establishes the strategic direction for the IT organization. Partners with business leaders to establish future project portfolio that makes the most effective use of IT resources. Key contributor in planning and coordinating enterprise wide Business Intelligence (BI) activities, including data governance, prioritization of demand for Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehouse (DW) support and solution development. Works with all levels of the organization to ensure high business value solutions are planned and executed.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordinginitiatives and corresponding systems architecture that support the mission and objectives of BlueLinx. Sets strategic direction for information services to include identifying priorities, policies, strategies and tactics that enable BlueLinx’ strategic and operating objectives to optimize business performance.
- Develops and manages budgets and forecasts to achieve the departmental and company objectives. Conducts resource planning to ensure availability of resources to meet objectives.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining all aspects of technology in all site locations and plays a key role in business continuity recovery planning and testing. Oversees the organization and management of periodic application and version upgrades, including system installation, configuration, integration, maintenance, performance management, data management, security management, and document management. Oversees the design and development of application interfaces and any necessary custom development to best meet business needs.
- Ensures current documentation is maintained for all applications, including end-user training documentation of systems and business processes; coordinates with applicable departments to ensure training documentation is available for department-specific processes. Ensures all end-users are adequately trained on all applications and processes.
- Collaborates with leaders throughout the organization and manages a team of professionals who are accountable for the delivery of a wide breadth of information system and technology services.
- Leads team; selects/hires; develops objectives; coaches and evaluates performance. Ensures direct reports obtain applicable training and development opportunities to enhance performance, development, and contributions to the company. Holds direct reports accountable for individual and team performance. Addresses performance issues appropriately and timely.
- Plans and executes all information technology goals,
A visionary with strong business acumen and the ability to balance good judgment with bottom-line orientation to systems technology that supports return-on-investment decisions. Experience as a CIO or as a comparable IS/IT leaders in a complex, dynamic environment. Strong operational background and a proven track record of accomplishments required. Ability to operate effectively at both strategic and tactical levels. Demonstrated ability to provide management oversight, leadership, strategic direction, and accountability. Knowledge of various systems and proficiency using Microsoft Office software.