We're looking for individuals that have a desire to serve our nation's veterans while maintaining a healthy work life balance. The schedule for this position will be extremely flexible to meet the needs of the incumbent.
The Washington Veterans Home is a CMS five-star rated Medicaid/Medicare long-term care facility serving up to 300 residents needing skilled nursing care. The facility is a state of the art LEED Gold Building which was designed for sustainability utilizing passive solar heating and cooling principles. The individual rooms for our residents are "Y-shaped" to provide maximal privacy. Each room has tall operable windows with mechanical shades to allow each resident access to fresh ventilation, shade or light. The building is bright with natural light and has spectacular views of the Puget Sound.
The Physician 3 provides direct medical services at the Washington Veterans Home. You will be working with a team of physicians who provide direct patient care during the work week (Monday - Friday) and divide night and weekend call among the group. The physicians generally work Monday through Friday in a flexible manner and take call one night per week, one weekend per month. Specifically the physicians:
Salary Range 92 - Hourly Rate range $63.47 to $71.82 plus compensation for call.
- Provide primary patient care in a specified area of the Home.
- Provide initial history and physical assessments of new residents. This requires the physician to complete a detailed history and assessment of medical and social problems, including addressing Advance Directives. This will require discussion with families and others involved with the resident's care.
- Complete POLST forms on all residents with updates as needed.
- Provide assessment for urgent needs of residents in other areas of the Home in the absence of colleagues.
- Participate in call rotation with physician colleagues at the WVH.
- Prescribe pharmaceutical treatment regimens and discontinues medications when appropriate.
- Refer patients to specialists as appropriate.
- Manage daily operations of Medicare program.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- 24 months ago - save job