The Sales & Account Management organization is Express Scripts' key interface with prospects and clients and is organized by market segment. This organization focuses on providing consultative support to plan sponsors through benefit design recommendations and clinical expertise and is primarily accountable for growth of Express Scripts' gross margin and membership base.
The Account Director manages the relationship with existing groups and commercial clients. This position is the owner of the annual renewal plan, development of long term account strategy and lead in meeting client needs. The Account Director is responsible for identifying up sell and expansion opportunities and incorporating such into annual strategic plan. They are also responsible for client retention, customer satisfaction and achieving corporate strategic goals relative to their book of business.
1. Relationship Management: Serves as the face of Express Scripts with ongoing communication to the client as necessary to maintain and grow relationship thereby, ensuring client retention. Manage and strengthen client relationships and ensure satisfaction levels are met by interfacing on a quarterly basis or more frequently as needed.
2. Growth and Retention: Responsible for client renewals, upsells, expansions and overall revenue growth. Determine opportunities for upsells, expansions and maximizing opportunities for revenue growth.
3. Execution: Direct activities of internal Account Management team and extended team members as related to client strategic objectives and escalated service issues.
4. Planning: Accountable for development of client-specific strategic plan that align with company objectives as well as ongoing monitoring of plan with adjustments made as necessary. Delivery of annual review of plan performance with client.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience (prefer MBA).
- 6-10 years business experience plus 3 - 5 years of relevant sales and account management experience in the health-care industry.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven, superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge financials.
- Negotiation and leadership skills are essential.
- Knowledge of the PBM industry and products.
- Ability to drive results through leveraging effective influence and relationship skills.
- Proven ability to be highly organized, analytical, and interpretative and demonstrate time management.
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet goals.
- High level of confidence, integrity, enthusiasm, a hands on approach to problem solving, executive presence and a personality that fits a fast paced, energetic and proactive organization.
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
- 2 years ago - save job
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.