Responsible for the management of business systems application projects and initiatives. Responsible for timely delivery, acceptance, and high quality of the product as well as ensure that the final deliverable meets the needs of the business partner. Plan, direct, and control project activities to deliver a technology-based information solution for a Tellabs operational or functional business area
- Develop project plan identifying tasks, deliverables/artifacts, hurman resources, effort, and task start and completion dates
- Apply project management techniques to track project progress and effort, track issue identfication and resolution, manage resources, and verify project quality
- Manage the project from initiation through delivery. Balance the demand frin change requests and project scope changes to deliver the project within the prescribed timeframe and to realize the project benefits identified
- Communicate with project sponsors and business partners to inform interested parties of project status
- Conduct, as applicable, project steering committees to inform business partners of project progress, issues requiring their attention or action, and financial status, and change requests impacting the cost, timing, and benefits of the system
- Manage project to the established financial approvals.
- Monitor project expenses and resources to confirm project tracking to plan; alert appropriate parties of exceptions and develop plans to put project back on track
- Manage human resources on project to perform per the plan; counsel and correct performance issues
- Become aware of the business issue being addressed and the business case to justify the project investment. Understand the business sufficiently to be able to track that the benefits of the project will be realized or should be adjusted.
- Follow prescribed Tellabs governance and system development lifecylce methodology processes and report status per Tellabs standards.
7 or more years experience in the plan, design, development and delivery of information systems projects with a minimum of 3 years in an informations sytems project management role. Demonstrated experience in the successful delivery of multiple mid- (5 work year) and large-sized (10+ work year) projects that are either stand alone part of an overall program. Demonstrated experience in applying agile (e.g., SCRUM) and/or waterfall system development methodologies. Demonstrated ability to develop well-substantiated estimates for project effort, of successful use of project management tools such as MicroSoft Project to define project tasks, schedules, and effort , to manage project scope, and to be able to effectively monitor and track project status and issues to determine the project's actual disposition. Demonstrated ability to develop a project plan and approach that appropriately addresses the business need and to oversee the development process to ensure the delivered system will accurately and effectively meet the need. Consuting experience is desirable
Tellabs, Inc. - 19 months ago
Tellabs provides communications service companies with the nuts and bolts of their networks. The company's telecom network equipment is...