Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Full-time / Part-time
Tier II CC@Hire/No CC@Rescreen
The incumbent will be working in a mission critical security team at the Federal Reserve System. The Internet & Directory Services group is a national organization supporting all Federal Reserve Banks, providing boundary security and directory services to the Federal Reserve System (FRS). This position is responsible for managing one or more IT and security projects sponsored or supported by the Internet and Directory Services Group. Expertise is required in project management, system development lifecycles, requirements analysis and design. The employee will work in a team-oriented environment, and interact directly with Reserve Bank IT and business lines, Federal Reserve IT system colleagues as well as management stakeholders of the various projects.
- Manage multiple complex IT security projects in compliance with project management and system development lifecycles under very limited guidance of a Project Office Manager. This includes planning and scheduling project goals, milestones and deliverables and efficiently identifying and helping solve project issues.
- Coordinate, track and report on project status for the department. Run cost plan reports and work with the budget coordinator to appropriately track project costs.
- Perform reporting and data analysis of project and other departmental activities. Produce, maintain and communicate project materials including presentations and documentation.
- Coordinate requirements analysis, design, and quality assurance activities for assigned projects.
- Manage project teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Provide input to policies, standards, procedures, and training needs related to project management and quality assurance of technology related projects.
- Provide input to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Work in a consulting role on other technical projects and, on occasion, other areas of the Bank.
Some travel (< 5%) may be required.
This position is not required to directly supervise others.
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of 5 years of job related and IT project management experience. Proficient in multiple project management communication, reporting and tracking tools such as Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint etc., as well as document repository systems such as Sharepoint. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong organizational, presentation and customer service skills are also required.
Experience in firewall, networking or directory services is highly desirable. This may include direct experience in an IT engineering, IT management or project management role.
Project Management certification is desirable but not required (e.g. PMP).
Security and Information Technology Certifications helpful (e.g.: CISSP, GIAC).
All employees who are assigned to this position will be subject to credit, FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years. Successful internal posting candidates will also be subject to credit re-screening before transferring.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
Principals only, no agencies please.
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston - 14 months ago
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is the largest in the Federal Reserve System to oversee US bank activities. It issues currency, clears...