This position performs or coordinates all of the student accounts processes. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Perform the daily cash receipts process, deposits, and reports. May be responsible for maintaining petty cash for the school.
- Responsible for performing the collection of both in-school and out-of-school accounts receivable. Monitor the Collection Agencies to ensure optimum performance for cash collections.
- Assist CS-Student Accounting with reconciliations, corrections, etc. during both the student billing and revenue recognition processes. This includes posting of student drop adjustments.
- Maintain the accuracy of the student ledger accounts; entering all charges, payments, and adjustments as needed.
- Maintenance of all required reports in an organized file system for future retrieval as needed (as prescribed by SOX).
- Organization and tracking of purchase orders and invoices, as well as submission to CS-Pittsburgh of any accounts payable items. Work with the CS AP department to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- May include duties of bookstore inventory preparation and posting of bookstore charges. May include preparation of financial aid refund calculations.
- Support the Admissions Department in re-enrolling former students of the College.
- Other duties as assigned.
Dependent on local structure: Campus President, Director of Student Services, or Campus Head of AFS.
Students, Staff at School, System and CS, collection agencies.
- Associate degree or higher in Business-related field preferred.
- Experience in collegiate environment or customer service fields.
- Experience within a financial or accounting field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student population.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one's own priorities and work schedule.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Education Management Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job
The Art Institutes is a system of over 50 schools across North America. We provide hands-on education in the creative and applied arts by...