This position is for a Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) who will assist a team in managing all aspects of industrial security for several Special Access Programs (SAP).
This individual will develop and administer security procedures for classified and proprietary materials, documents, and equipment. The position requires interface with various government agencies to obtain rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations.
Responsible for preparing manuals outlining regulations and establishes procedures for handling, storing, and maintaining records, and for granting personnel and visitors access to restricted records and materials.
Additional duties include:
(1) conducting security education training classes, (2) investigating security infractions/violations and preparing reports specifying preventive actions to be taken, (3) participation in security reviews, comparing procedures with actual operations, documenting findings, recommending corrective action, and re-evaluating implementation of corrective action, (4) supporting customer driven events, often outside of normal work hours, (5) maintains a comprehensive personnel access program, including continuous evaluation of personnel security clearance status.
The right candidate is a team player, who thrives on achieving outstanding results working in a high visibility, fast paced, and challenging environment. The successful candidate must exhibit outstanding attention to detail and an ability to multitask. Ability to effectively interface with customers and executives required.
Some travel required.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in SAP/SAR community with 2 years overall experience
- Experience with the NISPOM, JAFANs and ICDs
- Top Secret Clearance, with SSBI/SBPR Investigation date within past 4.5 years
- Required Education (including Major):
BA / BS Business, Management, Security
- Self Starter with ability to perform job duties with minimum direct supervision
- Experience with all aspects of personnel processing to include, JPAS, eQIP, PAR preparation, and Tiering required
- Experience with physical construction of Special Access Program Facilities (SAPFs) or Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs)
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Previous US Government Customer interactions a plus
- Flexible work hours and availability for some travel
- Excellent administrative and office management skills.
- Well organized with proven ability to prioritize on a daily basis
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and follow-through
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to successfully work under pressure
- US Drivers License
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass., Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has locations in Washington, California, Utah, New Mexico, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, Rhode Island, Alabama, Australia, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems, missile defense radars, early warning radars, naval ship operating systems, robotics and other advanced technologies. With a global workforce of almost 14,000 employees and 2011 sales of $5 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...