The scope of the position is responsible for the system design and implementation of large scale UNIX deployments. The ideal candidate will be required to maintain and support a large number of medium to enterprise class systems according to existing procedures by utilizing in-house and standard UNIX tools, research and development of new technologies and best practices, implementation of complex and comprehensive solutions for enterprise applications, creating project proposals and system design technical documentation, design and implementation of UNIX Operating System efficiencies, and building and designing servers that are flexible, upgradeable, and cost effective.
Candidate must have 7-10 years of technical experience in a multi-flavor UNIX server environment. Candidate must understand at a senior level all types of operating systems and their associated hardware components. Candidate must be customer service oriented and able to handle customer needs with a consultative approach.
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university, Technical School Certificate and/or equivalent experience in a computer science, security or computer services field.
- Strong experience with Oracle Solaris administration and virtualization
- Strong experience with Redhat Linux and virtualization
- Strong experience with AIX administration and virtualization
- Strong experience with server hardening, intrusion detection, and auditing
- Experience with Oracle hardware
- Experience with Solaris administration and virtualization
- Experience with HP hardware and management software
- Experience with Veritas Cluster Server and HA concepts
- Experience with VMWare ESX infrastructure a strong plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects across multiple locations
- Willing to be flexible and to work shifts as assigned
- Ability to analyze problems, determine alternatives, and implement efficient solutions
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of networking, storage technologies, and deployment tools
- Excellent scripting skills and automation
- Knowledge of best practices in client server environments
- Knowledge or hands on experience with processes and administration in a distributed systems environment (UNIX)
- Understands concepts around distributed systems architectures
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Decision making in line with business and technical priorities
- Excelllent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to handle heavy workloads with limited supervision
- Project management skills with leadership qualities
- Customer service oriented
: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
FIS is dedicated to complying with its obligations as an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. Our recruiting and hiring procedures are free of discrimination based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Operating Systems Development/Administration
US-GA-Norcross GA, US-WI-Brown Deer WI, US-AZ-Phoenix AZ, US-AR-Little Rock AR, US-FL-Jacksonville FL, US-TX-Addison TX