At Kaiser Permanente, we are a team of health advocates, working side-by-side to do whats right for our patients. Here, I contribute my knowledge and skills and learn from those around me. If this sounds like something you believe in, consider joining us in Portland, Oregon.
Health Education Programs Manager
In this role, you will manage a wide range of services within the Health Education Services Department, including promotion, production, health coaching, and worksite wellness. You will manage the staff responsible for these services and will work collaboratively to achieve the integration of these services within the department and within medical operations.
- A graduate degree (masters, MBA, or Ph.D) in public health, health education, or social science , or commensurate experience related to health promotion/health education
- At least two years of experience in program planning and program administration/project management, direct service delivery, teaching, training, or group facilitation, program design and development, and management/supervision
- At least one year of experience in delivering and evaluating health education services and programs, designing and developing health education materials and services, and implementing/evaluating health education services and programs
- Experience with health education theory and practice (behavior change, adult learning, motivational enhancement, group process)
- Knowledge of education and training design/implementation, principles of organizational change, and of worksite wellness and community health strategies and programs
- Knowledge of employee development, staff supervision, and evaluation procedures
- Knowledge of specialty areas such as nutrition, fitness, weight management, tobacco cessation, stress management, and chronic disease self management
- Knowledge of current theories and trends in health education and lifestyle interventions preferred
- Knowledge of public health/social marketing strategies preferred
HEALTHeCAREERS Network - 4 years ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...