PURPOSE AND SCOPE :
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Assists the Director of Pharmacy, Pharmacy Manager and other pharmacists by performing tasks and activities to contribute to the provision of quality pharmacy services to dialysis and other patients in accordance with state pharmacy regulations and Fresenius Medical Care Pharmacy Policies and Procedures.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES :
CUSTOMER SERVICE :
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES :
- Under pharmacist supervision, prepare prescription labels to be placed on dispensing containers.
- Attach additional information/instructions on the dispensing container when necessary.
- Prepare sterile admixture products using proper aseptic technique under pharmacist supervision.
- Conduct admixture sterility testing when appropriate.
- Retrieve count and measure prescription drugs, devices and related materials from stock and place the appropriate material and amount in the dispensing container.
- Create and update patient’s health and demographic information in computer system.
- Obtain and enter patient, medical or prescription order data into the patient information system.
- Ensure pharmacy dispensing and preparation bench areas are clean and orderly at all times.
- Assist with performing monthly inventory checks. Review stock for recalls and expired medications.
- Maintain adequate levels of inventory by ordering drugs, devices and related materials following established procedure.
- Assist the shipping department with the packaging, distribution and tracking of patient orders.
- Answer phone calls from clinics regarding order status and special requests.
- Clean equipment and sterilize glassware according to prescribed methods.
- Refill medical or prescription orders according to patient requests.
- Request authorization for a refill of a medical or prescription order from a practitioner or a practitioner’s agent when necessary.
- Prepare and label stocked drugs, devices and related materials for future dispensing.
- Retrieve and transport drugs, devices and related materials to and from approved areas following established procedure.
- Issue drugs, devices and related materials to authorized personnel when requested to be administered to an inpatient.
- Maintain an orderly filing system.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS :
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalency degree.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- One year experience in Medical field preferred.
- National Certification for Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- Demonstrated skills or aptitude for learning the sterile admixture/aseptic technique.
- Understanding of medical terminology and calculations is desirable.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Professional demeanor and a courteous attitude.
- Knowledge of computers
Fresenius Medical Care - 19 months ago
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...